Meter Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossi_mac

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Okay finally plugged by meter to my pc and I can change the settings, which is good.

What should I set the range to aim for to?

It's pre set for betwen 3.9 and 10.0.

I would think 4.0 to 7.9?

What do you think/do?

I guess it doesn't really matter as it records the number, but it also uses graphics to show how many readings are either in range, high, or low.

Thanks in advance!

Rossi 🙂

Carnt help you on that one rossi but what meter do you use as i use bayer and having props installing it on my pc

I've kept mine the 3.9-10 but will change it when my level gets tighter.

If got mine set to between 5 and 10, as i seem to rocket from one extreame to another!

My meter regards anything between 4 and 7 as 'in range'. Above 7 is, erm, Above range; 3.5-3.9 is Below range, and below 3.5 is Hypo. About 70% of my readings are within 4-7. 🙂

Carnt help you on that one rossi but what meter do you use as i use bayer and having props installing it on my pc

I paid the readies for the contour usb, plug it into to a pc and off you go!
Should work in some Mac's but it's not plug & play, and doesn't work in all, sent a stroppy email to them I was hassled! They sent nice email telling me what to do, but I'll do it later, thought I'd try it at work, looks good! I seem to be high most friday nights😉

My meter regards anything between 4 and 7 as 'in range'. Above 7 is, erm, Above range; 3.5-3.9 is Below range, and below 3.5 is Hypo. About 70% of my readings are within 4-7. 🙂

if I drop my "in range" to yours, I'm in it 40%! But then again apart from testing before I eat I only really test when I feel high or low, well thats my pathetic excuse! PS Well done you sir 🙂!

I'm in range 4-9 74% of the time so maybe I will drop range to 4-8 and try and get in there, one step at a time ehy!

Anyway on the beer ce soir so it's all out the window in a few hours!!

If got mine set to between 5 and 10, as i seem to rocket from one extreame to another!

I am tempted to bump up the 4 to 5 as I don't like being in the 4's for too long at the moment!

I set mine to between 4.9 and 8.0. that's because my before meal targets are 5-8. You can set targets for before and after meal readings.
I also only really test before meals unless I'm not feeling too good - should I be testing more often?

Suzanne

I set mine to between 4.9 and 8.0. that's because my before meal targets are 5-8. You can set targets for before and after meal readings.
I also only really test before meals unless I'm not feeling too good - should I be testing more often?

Suzanne

You test when you feel the need Suzanne 🙂 I test before meals, and also before and after exercise, plus if I feel high or low. My average over the past 20 months has been around 6 tests per day. Some test more, some less.

How do you feel high? I know when I'm feeling a bit hypo - I go shaky, I can't think and then my tongue gets sort of numb and pins/needles feeling all around the edge (I'm normally about 3-3.5 then but could be higher). I've been pretty high and not felt anything - I was well into the 20s in Jan when I was ill - (I had my gall bladder out) but didn't really feel any different from when my bs was on target.

I notice if I'm around 8 or 9, I tend to feel a bit nauseous. I'm lucky (and I know it!) but I haven't been over 13.5 for a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back