Meter download readings - affect my chance of a pump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hey all, my USB finally told me that my battery was dying so now as its charging i downloaded my meter readings. And wow, what a shock. Despte the hypos I swear I've been having...my meter is telling me that 61% of my readings are in range with only 14% considered as hypo...

ifmjpy.jpg

Now for the big question - do you think this will affect my chances of getting a pump? I am still hypoing maybe twice a day (though for the past couple of days I haven't had any...), and seeing a few more highs than I should be.

My control according to this software is telling me that I am more in control than ever. And with my clinic in bournemouth coming up, I'm kind of scared it might affect my chances.

The number of hypos should probably go in your favour. It's not an instant solution, it took two weeks to sort my 11am hypos and now I've only just sorted the over night basal after three weeks and a case of the lurgie! If I recall correctly, there is something to do with hypos in NICE guidelines. A pump can also depend upon the consultant you get a Bournemouth and how amenable they are to pumps. Got my fingers crossed for you.

Tom

I would have thought that 14% of reading as hypo would be considered far too high a percentage by most Drs. Plus when you have had a hypo reading you are probably following it with an in range reading when you check you have come up - which would be scewing the actual number of in range readings you are having.

Could you filter out the recovery readings and see what percentages you get ?

Margie has a good point - I bet a fair few of your "in range" readings are on the way up from a hypo.

Also, 14% can be either a lot or a little, depending on how often you test. You can tell from that graph that you test a lot, therefore 14% equates to a lot of hypos, and if that's averaging out to once or twice a day, then that's definitely ammo for a pump (my case was based on hypoing roughly once a day).

If anything, I think this strengthens your case. 🙂

Margie has a good point - I bet a fair few of your "in range" readings are on the way up from a hypo.

Also, 14% can be either a lot or a little, depending on how often you test. You can tell from that graph that you test a lot, therefore 14% equates to a lot of hypos, and if that's averaging out to once or twice a day, then that's definitely ammo for a pump (my case was based on hypoing roughly once a day).

If anything, I think this strengthens your case. 🙂

yeah, i have to test alot due to the hypos 😱

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back