Merry Christmas Everyone and Happy New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Benbow

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
Well well, another Christmas Eve for the middle age bloke that is me. Have a good Christmas everyone and enjoy your Christmas. Don't go overboard on the Christmas treats. I just had a large Caramel Macchiato and some baked bread which I don't regularly consume, and I decided to do a little research into the nutrition. I am sure my insulin and blood sugar are shooting up now, Fortunately, my next blood test isn't until June 2024 and my blood pressure was 114/74 this afternoon, so no long-term damage was done (I think).

Here is the nutrition of my 'Caramel Macchiato' : https://www.85cbakerycafe.com/menu/?menu_category=drink 45 grams of carbs and 32-41 grams of sugar, yikes!

Drinks like this could kill you if you drink enough of them regularly, so go easy on them.

This kind of drink in particular can mess you up I think, the 'Zebra Oolong Milk Tea'. It has 72g to 104 g of carbs and a whopping 38-57 grams of sugar.

Just be cognizant of what you are consuming during the holiday season and get back to straight and narrow in January. Strokes and heart attacks go up during the holidays and emergency wards see an increase in patients. Stay cautious. Again Merry Christmas!

Wow - I think I'll stick with my oat milk cappuccinos...!!

Although I'm not as strict with my diet over Xmas I do avoid the high carb & sugary things like mince pies, Xmas pudding and Yule Log but I will allow myself some Xmas cake, as long as it's fruit cake, although I don't eat the icing. I'm fine with Xmas dinner, I just don't have the roast potatoes. Boxing Day is always salad, using up the remains of the turkey and Xmas Ham, so that's not an issue either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back