menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammy1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
hi ive been on low carb diet for 3 weeks now cut out hte alcohol and on low carb diet iv lost over hsalf a stone already well more actually and my daily readings are mostly in th 5 to 6.5 rang so im on the wright track and my extra gliclazide doesnt seem to give me any probles my quistion was im getting abit bored with either salmon /trout and greens for tea and eggs for brekie ive had chickedn but abit bland without sauses any got any ideas please thanks colin barr

Hello Hammy
One of my favourites is a Lemon Chicken recipie. For 2 servings mix 150g of quark with a tablespoon of dried tarragon, the zest of a lemon, one or two chopped garlic cloves and 3 tablespoons from a jar of chopped pepperdew peppers, season to taste. Cut a sizable pocket into each of two chicken breasts and stuff with the quark mix. Wrap each breast in a couple of bacon rashers to close the pocket. Place the chickens in an ovenproof dish on a bed of mixed sliced peppers and a roughly chopped onion. Slice the lemon used for the zest and place over and around the bacon wrapped chicken breasts. Cook for 45 mins in the oven at approx 170c. If your carb allowance allows you can separately cook 50g of your favourite pasta to add to the pepper and onion mix once the chicken is cooked, but this is entirely optional. I spoon a little of the lemony cooking juice over the breats when serving. If you try it I hope you like it.
Cheers

hi ive been on low carb diet for 3 weeks now cut out hte alcohol and on low carb diet iv lost over hsalf a stone already well more actually and my daily readings are mostly in th 5 to 6.5 rang so im on the wright track and my extra gliclazide doesnt seem to give me any probles my quistion was im getting abit bored with either salmon /trout and greens for tea and eggs for brekie ive had chickedn but abit bland without sauses any got any ideas please thanks colin barr
Grape Tree have lots of different dry spices hot or not so hot which you can use with your meat or Spicetice have a extensive range of spice mixes, on line or in some supermarkets. Herbs, ginger and lemon are all good additions.

I do my version of hunter's chicken quite a lot.

Chicken thigh fillets. Air fryer 180 degrees for 20 mins, at 10 mins add strips of bacon on top. Last 5 mins, add lashings of cheese. Serve with lots of veg, usually broccoli, carrots, sprouts. No potatoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back