Mental health.

AlicePalace

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi I am wondering if anyone else finds that their mental health affects their blood sugars. Mine have been all over the place lately. I have a lot going on at home but struggle to talk to people.
I don't have many friends so I have been feeling lonely a lot lately that's why I joined here today.

Hi I am wondering if anyone else finds that their mental health affects their blood sugars. Mine have been all over the place lately. I have a lot going on at home but struggle to talk to people.
I don't have many friends so I have been feeling lonely a lot lately that's why I joined here today.
Hello, a certain amount of stress can cause a liver dump. Which I think is a natural response? My home life is stable. (Happily married guy.) Maybe work or the odd “surprise” that needs resolving can drive BGs. Or the odd eye off the ball? My friends tend to have their own minor issues. So I tend to be the “ear.” Is there some sort of “club” you could join if you have specific interests?

Hello, a certain amount of stress can cause a liver dump. Which I think is a natural response? My home life is stable. (Happily married guy.) Maybe work or the odd “surprise” that needs resolving can drive BGs. Or the odd eye off the ball? My friends tend to have their own minor issues. So I tend to be the “ear.” Is there some sort of “club” you could join if you have specific interests?
There aren't any clubs around where I live. My home life is ok it's just a stressful time as my grandad has cancer. He has had it for 2 years now.

There aren't any clubs around where I live. My home life is ok it's just a stressful time as my grandad has cancer. He has had it for 2 years now.
I’m sorry to hear of this. I have a close family member with a debilitating illness I travel to support. I’m certain your grandad appreciates yours. Is there any forums online appropriate for your pursuits?

I'm not sure I have tried online therapy before but they can usually be quite expensive.

Whilst I don't know anything specifically I do know that having both mental health problems and diabetes is a massive strain

I have no family to speak of now my parents have died and I do find MIND very helpful

Best wishes ❤️

Yes, stress affects mine. Annoyingly, stress can make it both high and low.
I’m sorry to hear about your grandad. That must be very hard to deal with and an ongoing worry.

Yea it's hard I try not to worry too much as he is doing ok at the moment. I am on antidepressants from my doctor to help but that's the only thing my doctor is doing

I hope the anti-depressants are helping. I’ve taken them for a short time before and I found they did take the edge of things.

I find things like Tai Chi and Qigong really helpful and empowering. I couldn’t believe the positive effect they had when I was going through a very stressful time. I also find Mindfulness good.

They have been helping a bit I did have to change as the ones I was on before weren't helping any more as I as been on them for a few years.

Very much so, have you got the support in place ?

Back