Status
Not open for further replies.

Dasc_study

Relationship to Diabetes
HCP/Researcher
If you have Type II Diabetes, we want YOUR help this festive season!

Our research explores the effects of Self-compassion as a treatment for depression/anxiety in Type II Diabetes.

To take part simply complete our 15-20min survey via this link: http://bit.ly/2PkfTnk

Thank you!

This has been approved. Please help if you can.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

DO YOU HAVE TYPE II DIABETES?!

We are a research group exploring the effects of self-compassion and mindfulness on the lives of people with Type II Diabetes. As part of our research we are looking for individuals who have type 2 diabetes to take part in an online survey that explores this proposal.

It is less known that many people with Type II Diabetes experience psychological effects as well as physical effects. Mental health can be severely affected and it is this study’s aim to investigate treatments for this. We are hoping to uncover some answers through our research.

We would be extremely grateful if you could fill out our survey using the following link: https://bit.ly/2PkfTnk

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    215.6 KB · Views: 5
This has been approved.

Just had a look.... What is the Facebook thing? Are you certain that any data is not being mined by that organisation? Could not be bothered to read, or work out how to agree to, your pile of get out clauses so gave up very early.

From what I saw, it was just covering the gdpr requirements about how they intend to use and hold the information. Probably nothing sinister.

But, like you @Docb, I wonder about the Facebook redirection too. So won't be entering any personal information either.

A couple of thoughts Andy.

Facebook and therefore the whole google data mining empire will know what IP address the reply came from. Good thing or bad thing? You need to make your own mind up. The GDPR thing is a bit of an excuse and used mostly for backside covering. This site has a page of complexly worded legal looking text. I am sure that they could do something much simpler to let you know what they will use your data for if you sign up. Like you, I doubt if there is anything sinister about it but, as I say, I could not be bothered to decipher it and if somebody asks me to agree to something like that I just say no.

DO YOU HAVE TYPE II DIABETES? You could be in with a chance of winning a £30 Amazon voucher!*

We are a research group exploring the effects of self-compassion and mindfulness on the lives of people with Type II Diabetes. As part of our research we are looking for individuals who have type 2 diabetes to take part in an online survey that explores this proposal (ethics: HR-18/19-8350).

It is less known that many people with Type II Diabetes experience psychological effects as well as physical effects. Mental health can be severely affected and it is this study’s aim to investigate treatments for this. We are hoping to uncover some answers through our research.

We would be extremely grateful if you could give 15-20 minutes of your time to fill out our survey using the following link: https://bit.ly/2PkfTnk

*You will be entered into a prize draw after filling out the online survey to win a £30 Amazon voucher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back