Membership notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debbie B

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi. I have just started using the meal planner facility on the website & kept getting the pop-ups about becoming a member. I thought it would probably be useful so have registered as a member. However, I still keep getting the pop-ups every time I look at a recipe, which is annoying. I can’t see anywhere to log on as a member, so is there any way to stop the pop-ups now that I have joined? I am finding the meal planners & recipes very useful otherwise, but this is just quite irritating. Thanks for any suggestions. Debbie B

Hi and welcome to the forum which is a self help group kindly hosted by Diabetes UK but not actually part of the main site as such. If you have a problem with using the site, then contact the helpline on Tuesday during office hours and hopefully someone will be able to help you.
The number is
0345 123 2399

Hi and welcome to the forum which is a self help group kindly hosted by Diabetes UK but not actually part of the main site as such. If you have a problem with using the site, then contact the helpline on Tuesday during office hours and hopefully someone will be able to help you.
The number is
0345 123 2399
Thanks Barbara, I was hoping that other forum members may have experienced this and found a solution, if there is one! I’ll contact the Diabetes UK team if I don’t get any ideas & it becomes more annoying.

I’m not sure how the main site stores that you have hit [x] on those pop-up panels, and whether a cookie is involved, or some other mechanism.

I‘ve just x’d a few on different pages and they aren‘t reappearing today, but I would not be entirely surprised if they reappeared on those pages after a while (if it is cookies, some have a built-in expiry).

Do call the DUK Helpline if they are irritating you as I‘m sure your feedback would be valuable (especially as a supporting member!)

And thanks for your support of Diabetes UK 🙂

Popups can be very irritating, I have refrained from posting some useful links as they are full of popups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back