Meetings?

gail2

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Do we have meetings any more or did covid end them. used to enjoy travelling to them and meeting people

Do we have meetings any more or did covid end them. used to enjoy travelling to them and meeting people
I feel the same! I have loads of on-line meetings but very few face-to-face ones anymore.

Meetings, Pah! 😡
I used to work for local authorities (38 years, but now recently retired) and they enjoyed far too many meetings for my liking, face to face or otherwise.
Endless, pointless meetings, with people who loved the sound of their own voice, who lacked imagination, who liked to tick boxes, who repeated what others had said, who had no new ideas, who wasted countless hours of other peoples time.
No, I do NOT miss meetings, ta very much. 😉

Meetings, Pah! 😡
I used to work for local authorities (38 years, but now recently retired) and they enjoyed far too many meetings for my liking, face to face or otherwise.
Endless, pointless meetings, with people who loved the sound of their own voice, who lacked imagination, who liked to tick boxes, who repeated what others had said, who had no new ideas, who wasted countless hours of other peoples time.
No, I do NOT miss meetings, ta very much. 😉
Having worked in the NHS for many years (although not quite 38 😱) I understand where you're coming from 😉. I'm self-employed now and so I don't mind meetings so much, as people have to pay me if they want me to attend them :rofl:.

I think @gail2 was meaning meetings of forum members, not just “meetings”! BTW I hated work meetings, glad I’m retired.
Anyhoo, I organised a forum meeting last year in Glasgow, it was very well attended and I enjoyed it once it came around. But I will say, being the organiser is quite stressful, will anyone turn up after I’ve travelled 2 hours on a train? Will they enjoy it? Will we get on? Will there be enough Diet Coke in Wetherspoons? 😉
Anyone can organise a meeting, no permission needed. Pop a post up asking if anyone is interested, add the area, rough dates etc. Bob’s your uncle. You’ve got a meet. I need at least another year to recover before I do it again.

Back