Medtrum Nano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philip D

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi, my name is Philip and I have been a Type 1 diabetic for 42 years. Having had 4 reasonably successful years with Omnipod, I have switched to the Medtrum A8 Nano Pump. I am hoping at some point to be able to add the CGM instead of Freestyle Libre, so that the two “talk to one another”. How have others been finding Medtrum Nano?

I have been using the Medtrum pump for a few years. Initially I used the Medtrum A6 and then pretty soon after it was made available in the UK, I moved to the Nano so I have been using it for over a year now.
There have been a few problems
- my skin does not like the glue. I now use Hyperfix tape under the pump and have found it pretty good now
- I get occlusion errors with larger doses. I now use the Combi or extended bolus when my dose is more than 4 units. I think I am being overly conservative but it works so I am sticking with it.
- I go through periods with lots of patch alerts. When this happens, Medtrum are very good at replacing the patches and the pump base. It seems as if the pump base only lasts a few months.

I started self funding the CGM back in March. Until then I was using Libre. I love the connection with the pump and the EasyPatch app. I love that, unlike Libre, it can be calibrated and you don't have to scan it.
Today, it is only half closed loop - it only suspends when going low. But, I understand they are releasing full closed loop middle of next year.
Through no one's fault but my own, I ran out of Medtrum CGM sensors last week so have been using Libre. I have been reminded of limitations of Libre and looking forward to switching back but reluctant to "waste" the Libre.

Welcome to the forum @Philip D

Hope you get on well with the sensor-augmented pump option.

It can take a little while to understand what information you need to provide to different systems to get them to work well for you as an individual, and how to workaround any shortcomings you find, but I would find it very difficult to go back to a pump now that doesn’t integrate with sensors in some way.

Let us know how things go 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back