Medtrum a6 longevity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelle

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi, I'm getting a Medtrum trial patch pump as a replacement for my accuchek tethered pump so have been using the a6 cgm sensors. While I have no issues with accuracy I find they only last a week or so. I've only had one of 10 make the 2 weeks. I am self funding and if they last 2 weeks they will work out cheaper than libre with the added benefits of working with the pump including working as a loop. Has anyone else used the a6? Any advice on getting them to last the 2 weeks? I use skin tak and overtape. But the over tape is for the g6 as they don't come precut for A6.

I don’t have experience of your sensors, but as another self funded I am keen for my sensors to survive the full term each time. I out a tegaderm over the whole thing if I have a bath, as I had one that started a bit of a peel back. Mind you my baths are no short thing. Cuppa and book and top up with hot water and I can be there for ages, so not ideal for a sensor. I tend to time these with a cannula change.

I have not used the Medtrum sensors but have been using their pump for the last two years.
When I was experiencing problems with the pump patches not lasting their full life, Medtrum were incredibly good at replacing them and taking LOT numbers to check their quality processes.

If you haven't spoken to them already, I would recommend doing so.
If you are likely to get their pump, you (or your diabetes team) are likely to have contact with their rep. Talk to them about the problem. They will want to sort it for you because, if you decide to go with their pump it will be financially beneficial for them so you could play on your concerns about their quality affecting your pump decision.

Thanks for your input. Long bath nights are a thing of the past for me. These sensors are supposed to be waterproof but I do protect it in the shower. I do just need them to last at least 10 days.

I have not used the Medtrum sensors but have been using their pump for the last two years.
When I was experiencing problems with the pump patches not lasting their full life, Medtrum were incredibly good at replacing them and taking LOT numbers to check their quality processes.
Yes the ladies have been very good and they do replace them if they don't last 10 days,but they're suggesting that maybe the sensors are just not compatible with me. Which is a big deal really as I chose the Medtrum because of the sensors. I've stopped telling them they've given up. I should start again.

Yes the ladies have been very good and they do replace them if they don't last 10 days,but they're suggesting that maybe the sensors are just not compatible with me. Which is a big deal really as I chose the Medtrum because of the sensors. I've stopped telling them they've given up. I should start again.

What a shame for you @Chelle :(

Are there alternative sites you can try? I have found different sites last better than others for various sensors I’ve used.

Have it on my leg at the moment. I'm 4 days in and the pda keeps losing the sensor today. Usually a sign that it's likely to fail in the next couple. I've tried mid-rift that was the worst. Various places on my arms. Thought I'd try the leg this time. I've ordered some new overtapes but I don't really think it's to do with sticking.

have you tried putting it on your chest i use the chest all the time i have never pulled it of and i find it gives accurate readings .

Don't know whether Chelle has the physical outward appearance of a man or lady but whichever, if you don't have much flesh on your 'chest' it probably isn't a great idea.

I have more than adequate breast tissue to make me a B cup - but once - over 10 years ago - tried sticking a cannula in there just to see - sheeite! Excruciatingly painful. It's all boney underneath everywhere else on the front and sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back