Medtronic Pump Consumables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pobbles

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I am returning to the UK from Australia in July 2022 for up to 3 months. As a Medtronic pump and CGM user, can anyone tell me how I can acquire MiniMed Reservoirs and SureT Infusion Sets which I currently buy from my local chemist? Are these available to buy over the counter or will I need to get them on prescription? My suitcase is already going to be packed with enough Guardian 3 Sensors to last me 3 months. Thank you.

I am returning to the UK from Australia in July 2022 for up to 3 months. As a Medtronic pump and CGM user, can anyone tell me how I can acquire MiniMed Reservoirs and SureT Infusion Sets which I currently buy from my local chemist? Are these available to buy over the counter or will I need to get them on prescription? My suitcase is already going to be packed with enough Guardian 3 Sensors to last me 3 months. Thank you.
Your best bet would be to ring moronic themselves and see what the procedure is. In the UK the consumables are sent directly from the pump supplier.

As Sue says we order our supplies direct from the supplier. You can order online by registering the the e-shop. I still phone up for mine and they generally arrive within a few days. Mine are funded through my hospital. you may be able to do the same for cannulas.

I self fund my sensors at present and have recently switched to Guardian 4. I read all the info and was a bit sceptical about their claim of no calibrations needed after the warm up. However it is true and so good to just deal with the 2 hour warm up and then no fingerpricks required until the next sensor goes in. I still do the odd one if I end up hypo which is less often as I am using the closed loop with the 780.
Have you considered the new sensors?
Have you been offered a 780?

I hope that your move goes smoothly

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I have been unsuccessful so far in getting access to the e-shop via the Medtronic UK website as I am already registered with Medtronic Australia. I suspect the logon procedure would also recognise my pump serial number and deny me access. I may have to resign myself to filling my suitcase up with boxes of reservoirs, infusion sets and sensors.

I have been using a 670 since 2019 together with Guardian 3 sensors. I expect that, once I have used my 670 for 4 years (and my health fund is prepared to cover the cost of a replacement) I may be offered a 780 together with Guardian 4. Until then, I will continue being charged $250/£140-odd per month for a box of Guardian 3. Not having to calibrate sounds wonderful!

Thanks for your reply. I have been unsuccessful so far in getting access to the e-shop via the Medtronic UK website as I am already registered with Medtronic Australia. I suspect the logon procedure would also recognise my pump serial number and deny me access. I may have to resign myself to filling my suitcase up with boxes of reservoirs, infusion sets and sensors.

How frustrating for you @Pobbles :(

Not sure if it will help, but many airlines allow passengers to take an additional piece of luggage for their medical supplies. It’s often buried pretty deep on their website, and may need to be booked/arranged beforehand, but might be worth a look if you are having to bring a lot of kit with you?

i. Thanks for your reply. I have been unsuccessful so far in getting access to the e-shop via the Medtronic UK website as I am already registered with Medtronic Australia. I suspect the logon procedure would also recognise my pump serial number and deny me access. I may have to resign myself to filling my suitcase up with boxes of reservoirs, infusion sets and sensors.
Perhaps contact the Australian Medtronic team so they can advise you. Or email the UK customer service and ask what is best to do.

How frustrating for you @Pobbles :(

Not sure if it will help, but many airlines allow passengers to take an additional piece of luggage for their medical supplies. It’s often buried pretty deep on their website, and may need to be booked/arranged beforehand, but might be worth a look if you are having to bring a lot of kit with you?

After a telephone conversation with Singapore Airline, no joy re requesting extra cabin baggage for my pump consumables unfortunately. Thank you for the suggestion anyway.

After a telephone conversation with Singapore Airline, no joy re requesting extra cabin baggage for my pump consumables unfortunately. Thank you for the suggestion anyway.

Ah shame :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back