Medtronic Mio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris300185

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I understand the world shortage of everything but how can Medtronic justify sending the Mio instead mio advance for a 3 year old. The needle and cannula are twice the length of the advance. It’s hard enough getting the advance into him without him screaming without changing to a manual double size one. Has anyone tried trimming the needle down or is that dangerous? See attached photos. The blue is the new one, white original

Attachments

• 808BF6C9-87F1-44F6-90BB-0A9F057ED190.jpeg
    808BF6C9-87F1-44F6-90BB-0A9F057ED190.jpeg
    27.2 KB · Views: 9
The Miao Advanced and the Miao are both available with 6mm cannulas, which I thought was the shortest needles they did. I have just checked in the list and confirmed this. If they have sent you 9mm cannulas get back to them and get the shorter ones. That sounds very ‘ouchy’ for your little one.

You may need to contact your PDSN to get the shorter ones, and they may also be able to suggest alternatives. If you get the shorter ones, and have the dexterity to manage the insertion device for the Miao, they shouldn’t feel too different once in.

I hope that you can get this resolved, and certainly hope your PDSN can help with this. 9mm for a little one is far too long.

The Miao Advanced and the Miao are both available with 6mm cannulas, which I thought was the shortest needles they did. I have just checked in the list and confirmed this. If they have sent you 9mm cannulas get back to them and get the shorter ones. That sounds very ‘ouchy’ for your little one.

You may need to contact your PDSN to get the shorter ones, and they may also be able to suggest alternatives. If you get the shorter ones, and have the dexterity to manage the insertion device for the Miao, they shouldn’t feel too different once in.

I hope that you can get this resolved, and certainly hope your PDSN can help with this. 9mm for a little one is far too long.

I thought maybe they sent the longer ones but these say 6mm, they’re much much longer than the advance and even much longer than my needles for my pen. Apparently Medtronic are out of stock until the end of the year. I’m afraid we may have to go back to pen injections rather than use his pump but I don’t want to do that.

I wonder whether the box is mislabelled. The photo showed a much longer needle!!

It is worth talking to your PDSN, they may be able to sort out alternatives.

Simple solution is to try a box of quicksets as all you do is push them in. No messing around with the automatic loader and no loud click to scare the heck out of the little lad.

I can’t quite make out the length of the actual needle inside the blue cover. I think the blue tube things are all the same length?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back