Medtronic G4 sensor problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandyc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I wonder whether anyone else has had problems with Medtronic G4 sensors or is it just me?
I started using the Medtronic 780g pump nearly 2 years ago using at first G3 sensors and then G4 without any problems. In September 2022 a batch of G4 sensors lasted for only 2 days each. I complained to Medtronic and they sent out a new batch, but, to my surprise, they were not interested in investigating it further.
I made an appointment with the Medtronic rep. to check that my insertion technique was OK which it was.
Since then I have had a number of sensors from different batch numbers lasting for 4 days or less.
This makes ordering difficult quite apart from the annoyance of changing sensors frequently particularly as delivery has slipped to 4 weeks. I never know now whether a box of 5 is going to last me for 10 or 30 days.
If others are having the same problems it needs to be taken further, but if it is just me I need to make some changes.
I am an experienced pump user and have used CGM for nearly 10 years and have never before had any problems with any appliance.
Andy Coates

Sorry to hear you are having problems. @SB2015 used the G4 sensors I believe with the 780 pump. I can't remember reading that she has had any issues but hopefully she will be along soon now that I have tagged her, to comment on her experience.

Sorry about the delayed response @dandyc

I do indeed use the G4 sensors. I did have one box which kept failing or finishing early. They always replace them, and when three went wrong from one box they sent me a whole box as replacement.
I think inevitably there are odd glitches, and it does muck up my plan to do changeovers on a Sunday each week, but I am pleased with the service regarding replacements.

As irritating as the failures are I would not want to stop using the looping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back