Medtronic 640 pump & minimed mio advance infusion set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wendybeal

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi
Apologies for this long winded question.
Just wondered if anyone had their infusion sets changed by Medtronic?
I have been on the mio since 2016 just been changed to advanced as mio discontinued.
Have to say it’s easier to manage but have one query that Medtronic can’t solve!
When it comes to filling the cannula once infusion set is attached to body the info pack in the advance book says fill 0.6 units which is what the video says which you have to watch before items are dispatched, but the instruction book getting started with the 640g system says fill cannula with 0.300 interestingly book actually shows the advance system.
So my question is what difference would it make if cannula is filled with 0.3 or 0.6ml?
is anyone else using both advance & 640 system that can help.
Thanks in advance
wendy

Each cannula type has a different fill amount. The one you are going to use needs 0.6 of a unit, so all you do is set that amount for your pump to fill the cannula.

I use the quicksets and they need 0.3 of a unit hence my pump is set to deliver that amount.

Basically the difference is if you under fill your bloods will be higher same if you over fill your bloods will be less.

The Mio Advanced is definitely 0.6 units. Once you set that on your pump it should automatically do that the next time. It is the amount needed to fill the cannula you are using.

I really like these cannulas as the insertion is so much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back