Medrum Nano Pump Skin reaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ag1987

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello All, has any one had experiecnce with a Medrum Nano pump giving a skin reaction? I have found that after 24 hours of wearing it the site is very itchy and irratated. When I remove it is angry red and very itchy. I wondering has any one else on here found this and what they have done to prevent it happening. I have tried barrier cream and spray but it hasnt worked. I was going to try the Hypafix but thought I would ask on here first incase any one had similar experience.

I use the Medtrum Nano and always spray with Cavilon before applying the pump. I also shave the area 24 days before applying the pump as I find the smallest hair can cause irritation (but shaving can make skin more sensitive, hence doing it the day before).
In the past I have used SkinTac. I only stopped because I dislike single use wipes. However, I would be willing to put up with the excess waste if it solved the irritation.

I find some areas more sensitive than others - above my waist is more sensitive than below.

Have you asked Medtrum? I find the Medtrum team very helpful although I know they are now off for the Christmas break. (Hopefully, the support team are still available but not the rep I usually deal with)

Hope you can find a solution to your skin reaction @Ag1987

That’s a real snag with the system of having to pick a piece of tech you are tied into for 4 years, without actually being able to try it out first isn’t it?

I use hypafix as an overtape. If I were using it under some tech my guess is that I would be aiming for one of the thin transparent films like ‘opsite flexifix’ or similar?

Hello All, has any one had experiecnce with a Medrum Nano pump giving a skin reaction? I have found that after 24 hours of wearing it the site is very itchy and irratated. When I remove it is angry red and very itchy. I wondering has any one else on here found this and what they have done to prevent it happening. I have tried barrier cream and spray but it hasnt worked. I was going to try the Hypafix but thought I would ask on here first incase any one had similar experience.
Hi. I've been using the Medtrum Nano since September and prior to that was using the older and bigger form of the Medtrum Patch. Irritation started for me when the older version changed the peel-off backing from paper to the same transparent one that the Nano uses. A link? I think so.
Although I have never suffered from contact dermatitis before - thank god - like you am left with angry red patches on the skin which are still there weeks later (upper and lower tummy, back and bum). And still itchy. Not good and I want to get to the bottom of what is causing it.
At least researchers are aware there's an increasing problem; see this site: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/cod.13781
Also I've been using the Dexcom G6 for years and am not affected by any symptoms with that. Like helli, I use Cavolin spray with the patch which helps reduce the irritation. Keep posting; we need to highlight these things and good luck.

Hi. I've been using the Medtrum Nano since September and prior to that was using the older and bigger form of the Medtrum Patch. Irritation started for me when the older version changed the peel-off backing from paper to the same transparent one that the Nano uses. A link? I think so.
Although I have never suffered from contact dermatitis before - thank god - like you am left with angry red patches on the skin which are still there weeks later (upper and lower tummy, back and bum). And still itchy. Not good and I want to get to the bottom of what is causing it.
At least researchers are aware there's an increasing problem; see this site: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/cod.13781
Also I've been using the Dexcom G6 for years and am not affected by any symptoms with that. Like helli, I use Cavolin spray with the patch which helps reduce the irritation. Keep posting; we need to highlight these things and good luck.
I had contact dermatitis from a dressing Compore E which I had on my leg following knee surgery. I had some hydrocortisone Fusidic acid cream from the GP which cleared it up in just over a week. I was worried it was some infection in the surgery site.

I had contact dermatitis from a dressing Compore E which I had on my leg following knee surgery. I had some hydrocortisone Fusidic acid cream from the GP which cleared it up in just over a week. I was worried it was some infection in the surgery site.
My doctor friend had suggested a hydrocortisone cream too. Good to know it worked for you. I've emailed that Swedish team of researchers to find out more. How to spend a day off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back