Meditronic customer services are rude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piglet70

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I am new to the medronic 780g as I have needed to transfer over from accu chek. I needed to order some reservoirs for the 1st time, however I was almost called I liar by the customer services team, as they stated I ordered some on the 20th July, which I know I hadn't. I collected some from my DNS last month.
I'm new to the meditronic but they don't seem to care. You can't order consumables unlike you could with Roche, who were always happy to talk with you and take your order. Also after office hours, you could call the careline and they'd answer within 5 minutes max. Meditronic you can still be waiting for someone to pick up 45 minutes later, it's a joke.

You're only allowed to order 3 months at a time, no room for errors which let's face it can happen especially when you're NOT used the pump before, errors happen.
When you speak to the team, you're treated like dirt, felt to be thick and stupid, if asking for guidance. The whole company seem hostile. I didn't find this out until I went over to the pump not that long ago.
Pump great, customer service very poor. You're constantly being told off or denied consumables.

That does not match my experience of Medtronic pump short so far. I did have some problems in the early Brexit which was when I started with them.

The support line is open 24/7 and I have had to wait a while sometimes but then I know that they always give e the time I need to sort any issues that arise.

The ordering of cannula etc has not been as good. Where I have wanted to change things I have had to okay it with DSN at hospital before it could be set up. I did also have one delivery that was sent to the wrong person and I got someone else’s.

So my experience is pump support excellent. Ordering okay once set up, most of the time.

Things I read about Medtronic’s customer service put me off going for a Medtronic pump. I have a Dana and find their customer service exemplary (and I can order whatever cannulas I fancy trying - that would annoy me not to be able to).

That does not match my experience of Medtronic pump short so far. I did have some problems in the early Brexit which was when I started with them.

The support line is open 24/7 and I have had to wait a while sometimes but then I know that they always give e the time I need to sort any issues that arise.

The ordering of cannula etc has not been as good. Where I have wanted to change things I have had to okay it with DSN at hospital before it could be set up. I did also have one delivery that was sent to the wrong person and I got someone else’s.

So my experience is pump support excellent. Ordering okay once set up, most of the time.

Well I've had nothing but trouble and I'm new to the Medtronic. I had to wait 2½ weeks for my canulas as apparently there was a back log due to covid?! Hard to believe to be honest when it was only last month...!
I wouldn't have thought I'd be waiting for in excess of 45 minutes to get through to the carelink helpline at 11pm at night! I've been approved by my diabetes team to have the guardian sensor along with all the other essentials that are needed for the pump to function.
I just feel there is such lack of empathy from most of the customer care team. They're not as happy to help you unlike Roche care team.

I have a moronic pump and like others think that customer service stinks.
I'm lucky if I even understand the person on the end of the phone plus their phone line is very bad as well.
Takes ages to get through for supplies it took them 6 weeks to send a belt clip out to me and more often than not they don't have enough cannulas or cartridges to fill an order.

If you want more supplies or different cannulas then you have to ask your DSN to authorise it and then you have to ring again to place the order again and so it goes on.

I hate the pump and have a very strong dislike for their so called customer service.

I have a moronic pump and like others think that customer service stinks.
I'm lucky if I even understand the person on the end of the phone plus their phone line is very bad as well.
Takes ages to get through for supplies it took them 6 weeks to send a belt clip out to me and more often than not they don't have enough cannulas or cartridges to fill an order.

If you want more supplies or different cannulas then you have to ask your DSN to authorise it and then you have to ring again to place the order again and so it goes on.

I hate the pump and have a very strong dislike for their so called customer service.
I've never had any issues in the tens years of my pumps from Roche,now they've recalled the accu chek insight the local CCG has decided all patients have to be changed over to ypsopump, omnipod or the meditronic (even though 4 years ago there were plenty of pumps on offer).
There seems to be a lot of issues across the board in regards to all manufactures of any pump consumables these days.
Meditronic is up at the of the leaders board in line for the jobsworth hat.

Just had an email from UPS to say a parcel from Medtronic will be delivered tomorrow! Very odd as I haven't ordered anything.

Just had an email from UPS to say a parcel from Medtronic will be delivered tomorrow! Very odd as I haven't ordered anything.
You'll probably get my order then!!! Which I was denied at first as they told me I'd ordered 3 months worth of reservoirs on the 20th July.... news to me unless my dog ordered them on my behalf!

You'll probably get my order then!!! Which I was denied at first as they told me I'd ordered 3 months worth of reservoirs on the 20th July.... news to me unless my dog ordered them on my behalf!
Your dog sounds smarter than mine 🙂 Silly sod ate a bar of soap last Friday evening. 🙄
Had another email to tell me the delivery was being rescheduled, the mystery deepens lol.

Your dog sounds smarter than mine 🙂 Silly sod ate a bar of soap last Friday evening. 🙄
Had another email to tell me the delivery was being rescheduled, the mystery deepens lol.
So your dog was spitting bubbles lol! No mine sounds like she should be in the nut house, as if I'm on the phone to my friend and someone rings her doorbell mine starts barking! I have take her to my front door to show her there's nobody there!
Well the plot thickens with meditronic parcels. There must be a secret meditronic place where everyone's orders go, as the customers are not receiving them!!!

the local CCG has decided all patients have to be changed over to ypsopump, omnipod or the meditronic (even though 4 years ago there were plenty of pumps on offer).
That IS plenty of pumps on offer - my CCG offers ONE pump ... unless you cause a bit of a fuss (which I did 🙄 )

I know there are quite a few pumps on the market as I was a pharmacy tech in my local hospital. However it didn't matter how much I threw my dummies out of the pram, it was always a 'NO!'
The ypsopump pump I did NOT get with, as if half way through giving yourself a bolus you ran out of insulin, you would have to swipe left to find out how much was given. You'd then need to work out the remainder to enter it into pump as it wouldn't do it automatically - apparently its a safety feature. The omnipod was a no no due to being allergic to the adhesive so my last hope was the meditronic 780g. This pump is great but the Unhelpful customer service based in Watford are horrendous.

So your dog was spitting bubbles lol! No mine sounds like she should be in the nut house, as if I'm on the phone to my friend and someone rings her doorbell mine starts barking! I have take her to my front door to show her there's nobody there!
Well the plot thickens with meditronic parcels. There must be a secret meditronic place where everyone's orders go, as the customers are not receiving them!!!
Oddly enough he had no side effects what so ever 🙂 Considering if I gave him a small slice of chicken he would be very unwell both ends :(

If Charlie hears a reversing lorry on the TV he gets very excited and runs to the door as he thinks it's the refuse collectors he loves them to bits as they make a fuss of him and give him a biscuit each week.

The ypsopump pump I did NOT get with, as if half way through giving yourself a bolus you ran out of insulin, you would have to swipe left to find out how much was given.
I have the 640 and it's always stopping delivery during a bolus to tell you there's a blockage so change the set! So I then have to find out how much was left and restart the delivery again as there is nothing wrong with the set.

Yes, there are more than the three pumps on the market than you have been offered but we cannot expect every CCG to have the knowledge to train and support any type of pump, to manage the commercial relationships with every manufacturer, to negotiate the best deal with each manufacturer, etc.
I know I was only allowed to go "off-piste" because my DSN knows that I can be self sufficient and do not expect support from her (in fact, it has been the other way round - I have been training her about my pump). I was also incredibly lucky that they were offered a trial of my pump and looked to me to be their guinea pig. But the commercial set up has been complex and my DSN has never had the tie to work out how we can share data.
Unfortunately, it costs time and money to support multiple pumps and not every user is technically savvy to learn themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back