Medicinal cannabis: Health Minister signs licence for Ava Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The Irish minister for health has signed a licence for a seven-year old from County Cork to access medicinal cannabis.

Ava Barry suffers from a severe form of epilepsy known as Dravet syndrome.

On Tuesday, Simon Harris told the Dáil (Irish Parliament) he could not comment on individual cases, but had signed the third application for a licence.

In a video message her mother Vera Twomey said she had "good news".

"Ava has been granted the licence for the medical cannabis and we're coming home. We'll be home for Christmas and she's doing really well" she said.

"I just want to thank everybody for the support and everything.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-42157388

I watched the ol' bids on the MaryJane tour of the states, really interesting. Biggins was so ill when he over ate, would put anybody off for life. I now don't think they should legalise it, except for medicine. I can't bear the smell, proper nasty.

Would Biggins have been perfectly well if he’d drunk two pints of whisky? No, he’d be dead. Cannabis is far safer than alcohol, whichever way you look at it.

It’s proven immensely beneficial for some severe forms of epilepsy I understand. People get very hung up about medicinal cannabis and can’t separate it from its form as a psycho-active recreational drug.

Biggins and George the darts player got extremely sick. It put them off for a day or two. 🙂

I'm against recreational drugs I think, but they should definitely do all kinds of research on the medicinal side.

My drug is bad enough...food! Two pints of whisky would make you dead? I didn't know that. What a way to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back