Medication if living abroad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seabreeze07

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello, hoping someone may know the answer or advise on where I can find out! I am hoping at some point to go and stay with a family member for 6-months of the year as I near early retirement. They live in the Seychelles/Mauritius and I’m planning on returning to Uk for other 6-months. I am a libre 2 sensor user, novorapid and levemer. Any ideas how I can manage my prescriptions whilst out of UK?

Hello, hoping someone may know the answer or advise on where I can find out! I am hoping at some point to go and stay with a family member for 6-months of the year as I near early retirement. They live in the Seychelles/Mauritius and I’m planning on returning to Uk for other 6-months. I am a libre 2 sensor user, novorapid and levemer. Any ideas how I can manage my prescriptions whilst out of UK?
Hello @Seabreeze07 ,

Thank you so much for joining our online community. It sounds a bit tricky, but I've included a traveling with diabetes link below:

Also you may have to register with a GP/hospital in that area and buy possible travel insurance.

Thank you for your response seeing my doctor next week and asking them about being able to take 6-months stock with me if staying there that length of time. Best wishes seabreeze.

Thank you for your response seeing my doctor next week and asking them about being able to take 6-months stock with me if staying there that length of time. Best wishes seabreeze.
We lived in Canada for a number if years. My GP gave me a 6 month supply of all my drugs to cover me until we could register over there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back