Medication and advice please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bridgie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi All. I was diagnosed with Type 2 in 2014 and have managed to keep it in check with diet and on Metformin. In the morning for a while now I have been checking my levels and am waking up with a blood glucose of 12 and I am finding it impossible to keep my numbers under 10. My weight is going up even though I am exercising and eating healthily. The only way I feel fine is is I fast and don't eat all from 18.30 to dinner time the next day. I have an appointment next week with the doctor to find out my recent results of my Hba1c (doctors request so think it can't be good). What do you think I can expect from my appointment from other peoples experiences. Will I be offered a higher dose of Metformin or another treatment. Also any help with what questions I could ask would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

What dose of metformin are you on now? That would usually be increased to 2000 a day before adding other meds.

Hello. Thank you. I'm sure your answers are not silly. Sounds like you're dealing with quite a lot.
I eat eggs, fish, salad, veg, chicken wraps, spaghetti Bol with very little pasta, meals with rice like mushroom stroganoff, chilli, curry I make cauliflower rice. I grill stuff like bacon and sausage but rarely have it. At work I don't really eat much, maybe a bowl of soup and a piece of fruit (apple, satsuma or berries). Cheese or cottage cheese and crackers occasionally.I don't eat breakfast. I love crisps and try to limit them/not buy. Replaced my chocolate with yoghurts and if I crave chocolate I have a hot chocolate with skimmed milk. I do drink Pepsi max and probably shouldn't (one can a day).Before Christmas I did a really strict 3 month fasting and my Hba1c was 58 - only ate between 11.00 am and 18.30. My husband ate the same thing and did the same fast and lost 2 stone. I lost 4lb!!

Metformin is usually built up slowly so I’d expect to add one at tea time next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back