medical negligence case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theeicebear

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all,

I was diagnosed with diabetes 7 years ago. I had been going to the doctor's with medical issues for a long time. One of which being my feet. As they were/are very painful and I have pins and needles in them all the time. Obviously now with hindsight it's peripheral neuropathy. He said it was anxiety!

He basically said at some stage that he never thought it to be type 2 diabetes as I was too young! I'm 44 now, and obviously was 37 when diagnosed and have probably had it since I was 27.

I contacted one solicitor about a medical negligence claim but they basically said no in a long and polite way.

I'm not after quick "compo" or anything like that, but I know in old age that'll no doubt need some care and it's obviously not cheap. I think I have a case because you cant say you are too young for diabetes and not diagnose it.

I have peripheral neuropathy, diabetic retinopathy, and I'm 99.9% sure I have gastroparesis (which was being diagnosed until the pandemic ruined that).

Have you had any experience or have an information that could help?

Thanks in advance!

I used to work for a lawfirm, and I have a friend who went through 8 years fighting before he won, and then you never get your full legal bills paid. It is possible to win but you will need a very experienced lawyer, a lot of patience and possibly financial backing. it is also normal that you will have to go through whatever complaints procedures exist for the gp and/or health authority before you can go to court. Google "gp misdiagnoses UK" and you will find a lot of useful information. You may find Citizens advice useful

thanks for the info. i'm not entirely sure i have the patience or resources to do it if it takes that long with no real guarantees at the end of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back