Medical IDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlisonM

Much missed Moderator
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Has anyone bought one of these U-tags? I just found the site, and it looks like the kind of thing I'd use, especially the credit card one.

The only thing I would say is that apparently paramedics or NHS staff aren't allowed to plug them into readers because of virus threats (or so I've heard), so they may not be a practical as they first seem.

I am more familiar with Medic-Alert, with these the emergency services telephone for information. Lions International ( www.lions.org.uk ) do a small emergency container you leave in your fridge and optionally in your desk drawer at work. It contains details of your meds, where they are kept, anybody you may care for, etc. Could be useful if you care for an elderly relative or have to pick a child up from school.

Sigh. Back to the drawing board then.

thats right you can't put memory sticks into NHS computers.

I use medic alert and have been for the past 3 or so years, lucky to never have needed it

I work in the NHS and we are only allowed to use memory sticks that are issued by IT.

just out of curiosity did anyone watch Casualty this week when Zoe nearly got done for saving patient info on a memory stick??

anyway...i have dog tags (one is red and has 'diabetic' plus the medical symbol thing, the other is black and is engraved with my info, phone numbers etc). and i have those rubber bracelet things with TYPE 1 DIABETIC on them.

I'm going to make a card I can carry for myself. I have an allergy problem with the steel and silver things (rubber too), can't afford a decent gold one. So it's up to me.

I got myself a bracelet thingy a wee while ago I kinda got used to it/like it. But would be tempted to get those bold rubber bands with diabetic type 1 on them for when I go do anything like running or outdoor pursuits! Hmm need to get motivated cause right now I ain't done anything like that for far too long!!🙄

I'm going to make a card I can carry for myself. I have an allergy problem with the steel and silver things (rubber too), can't afford a decent gold one. So it's up to me.

I think (so could be wrong!) the one I got was an allergy safe one, is it titanium? I'll have a look at the site if I saved it, mind you not sure if it is lady style! or any style!!

I saved the page it's from the medicaltags.co.uk website, and says "Ideal for nickel allergy sufferers." Also is stated as "Medical ID Titanium Bracelet" and "Hypo-Allergenic Titanium" But there is only 1 design cost ?35 quids!

ID cards

If you go to MedIDs.com, you can make and print your own cards, then just laminate them, they are credit card size and are free. You can print as many as you want, i got one on fridge , one in car and one in purse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back