Medical Exemption Certificate

daisy1987

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi, my medical exemption certificate has expired and I spoke to the service that renews them and they don’t have an application form for me. I have spoke to the GP and they are now having to check as I don't know if they have sent the form off- and so far they haven’t been able to tell me that it has definitely been sent. I gave the form to the GP over a month ago so it just feels a pain that I now have to pay for my prescription when they may have lost or not sent off my form. I didn’t know if anyone else had been in a similar situation and had any advice??

You can reclaim any charges in the meantime, but you must request form FP57 from the pharmacy when you pay (each time, probably). It's a pain that your renewal seems to have gone astray, but with any luck it'll be resolved quickly.

Ugh! What a faff for you @daisy1987 :(

Hope you get reimbursed for any scripts you need to collect, and that your new certificate comes back speedily.

Did you not get sent a reminder? I think I was nudged to renew mine before the previous one expired (though I think that hasn’t happened on some occasions, so the system might be a bit hit and miss?)

Ugh! What a faff for you @daisy1987 :(

Hope you get reimbursed for any scripts you need to collect, and that your new certificate comes back speedily.

Did you not get sent a reminder? I think I was nudged to renew mine before the previous one expired (though I think that hasn’t happened on some occasions, so the system might be a bit hit and miss?)
I didn't get a reminder for mine. And it did expire.

I am not sure if they get the address updates from the NHS. Mine expires (again) early next year, I keep reminding myself and have it in my work calendar so I shouldn't forget.

@daisy1987 could you fill out another? Sounds like it is lost.

Address updates sent to your GP do not update the address on the medical exemption cert

Back