hellbell84

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
getting an icegems medictag but it allows up to 5 lines worth of engraving

will put:

my name
type on diabetic
Insulin dependant

cant think of anything else to put on it apart from "if found call 999" but i reckon that might be a bit pointless??

x

maybe your own number and your insulin names.

Contact details for your doctor/surgery would be useful too.

emergency contact - i have my dads number on mine

My son has got half a dozen of the silicone bands (like the charity ones). He's got them particularly for school and sport (he plays rugby and rock climbs). We've got printed on there 'MEDICAL' on one side and on the other his name, date of birth and Type 1 Diabetes.

I couldn't think of anything else to put because at the moment he'll always (hopefully) have an adult (or his twin brother) nearby who will know about his meds and what to do in an emergency.

In time we'll probably get another type of medicalert thing - he's keen on the dog tag style - and maybe put mobile numbers or insulin type.

My thinking is that if he was to collapse then someone would dial 999 and knowing what type of medication would probably be fairly useless at that point. But all that said, it's early days for us yet...we'll see.

I would include something like "Diabetes type 1, on insulin", but not bother with the type of insulin(s), as that might change before the end of the tag's life. "1" rather than "one", as it's more international.
If considering emergency phone number, might be better to state 112, the European-wide emergency number. But, personally, I wouldn't bother.

I got my bracelet from ICE gems too! mine has:

NAME DOB
TYPE 1 DIABETIC ON INSULIN
ICE: DADS MOBILE No.

It all fits nicely 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back