Meat gone to veg we eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhburns76

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Hi people
Sorry haven’t posted for some time. Been a bit sick if you all know this.
Was craving a bit fat steak. And you all know what type 3c and protein do.
Well I had the works spud and a double helping off veg. With garlic butter on top. It was so so much delicious. Went to bed a little over par and woke up to have a look and was find. Until I bragged my sorry ass out bed.
And bang here it comes. ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️
Protein as it’s best.
Spose that’s why I’m vego all the time.

I can honestly say I do not understand what you have written :(
No idea what the arrows are for either.
If you were unwell after eating what you did, I have to ask why you didn't take enough Creon to cover it all?

And you all know what type 3c and protein do.
I genuinely have no idea, I thought type 3c took creon to cover the protein? Surely even if you’re vegetarian you need to eat protein as part of a balanced diet.

I genuinely have no idea, I thought type 3c took creon to cover the protein? Surely even if you’re vegetarian you need to eat protein as part of a balanced diet.
I'm wondering if it's lack of knowledge regarding use of insulin pump and how to bolus for the different types of food?

Nice to hear from you again @dhburns76

Glad you enjoyed your meal, but sorry it made you feel unwell. Have you been given Creon to take with meals? What doses do you take? Do you vary the amount of Creon with different sized meals?

Eating anything slathered in garlic butter means I have to take extra Creon, and even then await a slower than normal transit. I'm not much bothered by protein, what I can't tolerate is a high fibre diet. (Ulcerative Colitis) Because of the way the body works proteins get digested last, with further hydrolysis occurring further down in the gut. Creon capsules dissolve in Acid, so they release their enzymes in the stomach. That's why you need to take them after the first few mouthfuls of food, not before or after eating, then they can start on their digestive assistance straight away.

That also has the benefit of making bolussing easier, with experience. Doesn't take long to acquire.

With regard to the dosage of Creon, it's the dose that gives you normal bowel motions. For the meal described, I would take 100,000 units -four 25,000 capsules. Everyone is different. For the bolus of insulin, if i had a pump I'd use square wave bolus, but i don't, so I bolus for the carbs before eating, and just keep an eye on things on the Dexcom to see if there are any other surprises from the work of the Creon. I might add in a bit more insulin. I must admit, I avoid high fat food if possible, but not when I'm faced with a full Scottish Breakfast.😉

I don't think @dhburns76 feeling unwell i8 is due to high BG, but more lack of Creon. A vego diet induces a very different biome in the gut, and being challenged by animal protein would cause chaos, unless much larger doses of Creon were used. There just aren't enough bacteria in the gut of a vego to hydrolyse animal protein.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back