Meal Rise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom1982

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hello all.
There is a certain app that is prompting us to enter our daughters “meal rise”, any ideas what this is and how to work it out?

I think it means how far can her blood sugars rise after eating before the app starts advising corrections. You know that she will go up after food so a certain rise is acceptable, you don’t want to start correcting every tiny rise or you will just be yo-yoing all over the place. On the first pump my daughter had the meal rise was set to 2.8, no idea where that came from though and I never changed it!

Which means it’s probably the same as the Accu Chek pump my daughter had then. So I know it means that it’s how much BG can go up after a meal before corrections are suggested, I’ve no idea how you calculate it though, I was told by the DSN and pump rep to just leave it on the default setting. If you fiddle too much with things like that you could end up confusing yourself and messing up insulin doses. If it’s asking you for a number, your medical team should really help you but are you the one who’s finding it hard to get in touch with them? I’m pretty sure ours was at 2.8 if that’s any help, although just sticking a random number in because I said so doesn’t seem like a great idea! Hopefully someone else might know :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back