Meal out

Status
Not open for further replies.

vince13

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
It's our wedding anniversary today and we are going out to a local restaurant for a celebration meal. Vegetarians avert your eyes now as I'm already planning what to have.

It's a new idea for round here (deepest Somerset) - hot stones on which to cook your chosen food they bring to your table. Steak (of course) is ideal for this and they have 3 different cuts of steak but they also do tuna, duck and a kind of big veggie "steak" - which I understand is very nice but which won't be my choce tonight.

The meal is served with salad, roasted vegetables and a choice of potatoes. Starters are the inevitable smoked salmon, or goat's cheese tart and salad, or pate etc......... but it's the sweets that are going to kick off my "sod it" moment ! Last time there was white chocolate mousse, double choc sort of "cake", lemon & lime cheesecake (really lovely!), tarte tatin, lemon mousse, (cheese and bics - my hubby's choice).

So I'm getting my taste buds ready - g & t to start then a nice chablis......and I don't care what my levels are in the morning so there !!!

Regular readers will recall that I lost my first husband when he was 50 and I'm 11 years into my second marriage so, as this will be my first wedding anniversary since diagnosis of The Big D, I'm going to enjoy the evening.

Faith - make sure you have a wonderful time and eat whatever you want - its only once a year after all - and make sure you have the best pud ever! Enjoy and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY:DBev x

Happy Anniversary Faith! Hope you have a lovely evening and enjoy your meal!🙂

0_anniversary_flowers_chocolate.gif

Have a great night out, and happy anniversary.

0033.gif

Sounds delish, Happy Anniversary 🙂 hope you have a lovely time. X

Happy anniversary! Enjoy your meal and night out - hope you're on basal bolus insulin and not driving tonight?!? Taxi home?

Thank you for your good wishes and virtual cards !

We had a really good meal, although we changed the Chablis to a good Merlot. I had smoked salmon and prawns on a small salad and then a rib-eye steak with roasted vegetables and saute potatoes - which I'm ashamed to say I couldn't finish ! That didn't stop me having a pudding - but it could only be a lemon sorbet 'cos I was really too full to have anything else......level was 6.7 this morning so I'm not too ashamed of myself (and it was only a 10 minute walk home). It's only a small restaurant but it was full and it had a good atmosphere last night.

All in all we've decided we'll carry on with the marriage !!!!

So glad you enjoyed your special evening. Well done on your blood sugar level this moning! The food sounds delicious!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! 🙂

Enjoy the rest of your marriage!

hope you had a lovely time

happy_anniversary-2917.gif

Yes, thank you Stef, each year is very special to us as you may perhaps understand - by the way you are getting just TOO clever putting a flashy card on the site for me !!

Hugs for caring,

hi thats not a prob.Yes i know what you mean well accept tis always me who remembers ours lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back