Me vs the cold...take 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I thought I was getting to grips with this stupid cold...

:confused:

tested again 16.4

and I feel really bad (oh I've just got up by the way...), thirsty, needing a wee etc etc.

Looks like its no breakfast for me this morning :(

Dyu guys reckon its the cold? (I thought I'd be kicking it by now, I feel much better within myself), nightime hypo and a case of the DP (I do have a pounding headache), a mixture of nerves over tomorrow or a mixture of all 3 :confused:

I thought I was getting to grips with this stupid cold...

:confused:

tested again 16.4

and I feel really bad (oh I've just got up by the way...), thirsty, needing a wee etc etc.

Looks like its no breakfast for me this morning :(

Dyu guys reckon its the cold? (I thought I'd be kicking it by now, I feel much better within myself), nightime hypo and a case of the DP (I do have a pounding headache), a mixture of nerves over tomorrow or a mixture of all 3 :confused:

I dunno Sam. Are you still keeping the fluids intake up and the Paracetamol?

Can you try some breakfast. Porridge or ready brek? Slow release carbs? With some fruit?

It could be a mixture of all three me thinks....

I dunno Sam. Are you still keeping the fluids intake up and the Paracetamol?

Can you try some breakfast. Porridge or ready brek? Slow release carbs? With some fruit?

It could be a mixture of all three me thinks....

yep, paracetamol is a go! As are fluids. Constantly sipping squash atm gaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

\i might have a banana or something a bit later, but right now im a bit scared cuz of being so high

DAMN YOU DIABETES

yep, paracetamol is a go! As are fluids. Constantly sipping squash atm gaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

\i might have a banana or something a bit later, but right now im a bit scared cuz of being so high

DAMN YOU DIABETES

Don't starve yourself Sam!
Can't you have something to eat and bolus for it as usual?

And perhaps a 'gentle' correction for the high after your Novarapid has run out for the bolus to bring yourself down slowly?

Hi Sam, sorry to hear that you're still not well. I think you should eat something though, maybe a slice of toast. I believe that this 'switches off' the glucose production from your liver. If it doesn't get this signal, it keeps pushing out the glucose, so paradoxically eating and bolusing might bring you back to a reasonable level.

hehe, that would work if we had a toaster. Gunna check my levels now...wait for iiiiiiitttttt...*drumroll* 16.9...:confused: injected nearly an hour ago

maybe ill have that banana...

Remember what I said elsewhere about fluid absorption? It might be as well to try hot drinks, copious amounts of tea or decaff and if you have any sleeping pills, take one tonight so you'll get a good rest for tomorrow. Large doses of vitamin C wouldn't hurt either, I'm told you can't overdose on the stuff.

Remember what I said elsewhere about fluid absorption? It might be as well to try hot drinks, copious amounts of tea or decaff and if you have any sleeping pills, take one tonight so you'll get a good rest for tomorrow. Large doses of vitamin C wouldn't hurt either, I'm told you can't overdose on the stuff.

ooooooooooh TEA! I've got a cup right now :D I might pick some OJ up later on then, some of the little ones, so I can take some tomorrow as well!

what would an OD of vit C be like :confused: hmmmm. Might have to try that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back