Me again

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmmaL76

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
finally I have found a low carb company with no nasty ingredients. Their food fills me up and taste like proper food.

Ketochefs.co.uk

Their bread is delicious and only around 0.6g per slice. Their rustic rolls are a real treat and are about the same. They don’t upset my tummy like everything else. They do cakes and biscuits, I haven’t tried them yet as they do have some artificial sweeteners in. They sell on Amazon also but are a little more expensive on there.

Now I know that I could in theory make this stuff but I don’t want to, and I know it’s expensive for bread but £30 worth would probably last me a month and a girl got to eat, and the loaves are at least double the size of the hi lo bread I usually buy and dramatically less carbs.

Not for everybody price wise I know, but if anyone out there is feeling desperate enough to fill their tummy’s with a carb substitute that doesn’t leave you feeling deprived then honestly you won’t be disappointed. The rustic rolls can be a bit tough so I warm them first but the batch i received today were much softer.

And the best news for me… it isn’t low cal and I have put on half a stone in the last month helped by the fact that seem to tolerate chocolate eclairs (the pastries) very well indeed !

Attachments

• 48B0C3D1-1A75-4657-8020-47A92D5BB48E.jpeg
    48B0C3D1-1A75-4657-8020-47A92D5BB48E.jpeg
    65.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 8E993957-DC6C-452F-881A-CDC8E7E7ECCD.jpeg
    8E993957-DC6C-452F-881A-CDC8E7E7ECCD.jpeg
    71.3 KB · Views: 9
finally I have found a low carb company with no nasty ingredients. Their food fills me up and taste like proper food.

Ketochefs.co.uk

Their bread is delicious and only around 0.6g per slice. Their rustic rolls are a real treat and are about the same. They don’t upset my tummy like everything else. They do cakes and biscuits, I haven’t tried them yet as they do have some artificial sweeteners in. They sell on Amazon also but are a little more expensive on there.

Now I know that I could in theory make this stuff but I don’t want to, and I know it’s expensive for bread but £30 worth would probably last me a month and a girl got to eat, and the loaves are at least double the size of the hi lo bread I usually buy and dramatically less carbs.

Not for everybody price wise I know, but if anyone out there is feeling desperate enough to fill their tummy’s with a carb substitute that doesn’t leave you feeling deprived then honestly you won’t be disappointed. The rustic rolls can be a bit tough so I warm them first but the batch i received today were much softer.

And the best news for me… it isn’t low cal and I have put on half a stone in the last month helped by the fact that seem to tolerate chocolate eclairs (the pastries) very well indeed !
Hi Emmal76:

Really pleased that you have found a food source that you like.

What I find frustrating on the food intake that I have never received the same answer from my Diabetic nurse.

My blood sugar levels are high and I have been told to lose weight and prescribed Metformin !

I have for years reduced my dairy intake and my cholesterol levels are perfect.

I have lost 1 kg in the last week I treat food as fuel , a means to make me mobile but have reduced portions to help my target weight.

Only 9Kg to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back