McIdiot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

falcon123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
As I finished late last night I decided to grab a burger meal deal on the way home. BG was 5.7 before I took my insulin. Half way through the Coke I decided it did not taste quite like the diet version should. Got home to a BG of 17.3. Conclusion McIdiot had served me a regular rather than diet McCoke! Don't they realise besides giving some people extra calories it is a health issue for dibetics. Next time will go to a Fine Burger. Thay don't make these errors and there chips are 300% better. Grr!!!!!!!

Same thing happend to me last week, it is so annoying , you should write a letter of complaint to head office, adressed to Mc NUGGET LOL

Yuo should certainly complain - Mcdonalds are terrified of litigation, and it strikes me this constitutes an extremely dangerous practice. You levels were pushed high, but imagine if it had been someone with an illness, with already elevated levels, who was trying to quench their thirst? DKA anybody? To me, this is far worse than selling hot apple slices marked hot. They need to know the terrible consequences that could ensue.

Don't they realise besides giving some people extra calories it is a health issue for dibetics.

They may not realise so definately say something. It may very well be that they don't realise how important it is. I know when I was a student and working in a cafe there were times when I couldn't fully remember if I'd served diet or not. I wasn't diabetic at the time, and it wasn't a case of not caring, but my diabetes knowledge was pretty minimal, I really had no idea how important it could have been to someone, suppose I had no reason to at the time.

So do say something, to let them know that it's an issue, then hopefully they'll be more conscious of it next time someone orders diet.

Stupid question : can you use a test strip to check if its full-on sugary drink?:confused:Bev

I believe Tez (I think it's him) uses the ones for urine testing and they work very well.

xx

You can use a blood strip to test aswell, If it comes up LO, then it's diet. If it comes up with an high number or HI then it's regular. Works on my xceed, but wouldn't want to waste too many strips testing.

if i ever think i've been giving regular coke, i ALWAYS ask them to change it. even if they're adamant they gave me diet. i tell them i'm diabetic and it will screw me over if it's the regular stuff. i've never had anyone have a problem with me asking, most are understanding.

Stupid question : can you use a test strip to check if its full-on sugary drink?:confused:Bev

Yep, Diastix are the urine testing strips that I use to check that diet drinks are diet.

They will change colour if there's any sugar or glucose in them and stay light blue if they don't.

Call me paranoid, but I always watch them pour the drink. If I think they have given me full monty coke, I ask for an exchange. If they wont let me change it I ask for my money back. failing that I ask for a supervisor or a manger. I got free meals twice like that...

Call me paranoid, but I always watch them pour the drink. If I think they have given me full monty coke, I ask for an exchange. If they wont let me change it I ask for my money back. failing that I ask for a supervisor or a manger. I got free meals twice like that...

Didn't Sam say they sometimes hook up the taps to the wrong tube? In that case you wouldn't know by watching.

I brought some Diastix and tried them out over the weekend. The real thing comes out about 1/2% and other cokes (e.g. pubs) 1/4 - 1/2%. All diet versions 0%. I will carry these around in the future. Nothing like proof when you are complaining!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back