'Mary Poppins' juggles stagecraft with diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
A spoonful of sugar may make the medicine go down, but when you have diabetes, as Madeline Trumble does, it can be dangerous.
That's why when Trumble started playing Mary Poppins on her first national tour, her mother joked that she should rename her character's classic song, "A Spoonful of Splenda," after the artificial sweetener.

Trumble, 23, is starring in "Mary Poppins," this month in Dallas.
The musical, still going strong on Broadway since its 2006 opening, is adapted from the 1964 Walt Disney film, which was based on P.L. Travers' stories about a magical nanny who changes the lives of families for the better.
Trumble is thrilled to be playing the part and grateful that diabetes has never slowed her down, she says.
"It's part of my day, every day," she says. "It's hard doing a show with an added challenge. I have to eat at certain times, test my blood sugar backstage, check my insulin pump. But I'm used to it. It's part of who I am, and I have a pretty good attitude about it."

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/...cle_51c8685c-f982-595d-84ff-d9fe446eec19.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back