Marika Sboros on Tim Noakes and Banting myth, madness and magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The first international low-carb, high-fat summit held in Cape Town in February was a moveable feast for body and brain, and a virtual construction site for nutrition science.

It demolished deeply held myths about diet, weight loss, food as optimum fuel for body and mind, food as medicine, and medicine as food.

It built up dreams of a gentle, safe alternative to modern medicine’s rampant polypharmacy to stem the tsunami of obesity, diabetes, and other chronic disease epidemics sweeping over the planet.

http://www.biznews.com/lchf-health-...sboros-tim-noakes-banting-myth-madness-magic/

I haven't read the full article, but as I suspected it concerns the 1850s Banting who was a pioneer of the high-fat, low carb diet, not the 1920s Banting who was one of the discoverers of insulin. 🙂

I haven't read the full article, but as I suspected it concerns the 1850s Banting who was a pioneer of the high-fat, low carb diet, not the 1920s Banting who was one of the discoverers of insulin. 🙂

Yes, that is a bit confusing for us diabetics! 🙂 I have a lot of respect for Tim Noakes, his 'Lore of Running' is the runner's bible 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back