Manuka Honey Dressings, do they raise blood sugar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almond_tart2021

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
every since i've been having manuka honey dressings for the past couple of months, my blood sugars have been up just a little bit, on average about 2 points, rather annoying, but i can't seem to find a reason why, i had a spider bite , which went quite nasty, i will spare you the details, but its going to be a long while to heal, i can't seem to find anything online to suggest manuka honey would cause a rise, but there is no infection present, and i've not changed my diet , any thoughts?

i can't seem to find anything online to suggest manuka honey would cause a rise
Eating Manuka honey would obviously cause a rise, but I wouldn't have thought much would pass through the skin. I'd guess your rise is more to do with inflammation from the spider bite or something.

Eating Manuka honey would obviously cause a rise, but I wouldn't have thought much would pass through the skin. I'd guess your rise is more to do with inflammation from the spider bite or something.

It does seem it passes through the skin, it's a good skin treatment apparently.
But I suspect it would take a lot to significantly raise BG.
I'm with the general rise from the spider bite.

thanks for your replies, it does seem odd, as when i had the spider bite and the first few weeks after , when it seemed to be healing, my blood glucose didn't changed, it was only when it suddenly turned yucky and had an infection, when i had antibiotics and started having regular manuka honey dressings it went up a bit and has stayed at that level every since,
i looked on the website manukahoneydirect and it does say this
Although the honey is not absorbed into the blood stream, we advise monitoring the levels of patients with diabetes.
so who knows, i guess i will find out when I'm healed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back