Mannkind: Approval of inhaled insulin drug around the corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Mannkind ($MNKD) officials signaled that FDA approval of its inhaled diabetes Afrezza Inhalation Powder is likely at the company's May 22 shareholder meeting.

The company played patient testimony in support of Afrezza from the combination product's April 1 advisory committee hearing in which it voted in favor of the drug 13-1 for the treatment of Type 1 diabetes and 14-0 for the treatment of Type 2 diabetes.

"We are done with CRLs [complete response letters]. We are certainly not expecting that. We just had a very good conference call last week with the agency, and we are confident that we are well on our way," COO Hakan Edstrom told investors.

http://www.fiercedrugdelivery.com/s...inhaled-insulin-drug-around-corner/2014-05-28

Not for me thanks...🙄

Me either. I still have concerns about the delivery method as I've said before. Using an inhaler is an inaccurate business that depends on the person being coordinated enough to press the button and breathe in at exactly the right moment to ensure the right dose, far too haphazard when you need a definite amount of insulin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back