Manic day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shell123x

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
So confused. I woke up and my blood was 14.3 this morning so I had 2 squares of weetabix and a bit of milk for breakfast and a glass of water so I did 5 units (3 to cover the weetabix carbs and 2 more to bring it down a bit) so at 10am my blood was 18.0 so I didn't have my morning snack at work so waited till lunch which was at 12:45pm and my blood was 14.5 and all I ate was a egg sandwich, orange, mini cheddar crisps and a small yoghurt so I did 6 units to cover the carbs and my blood was 17.7 at 4pm when I got home. I'm now sitting here thinking do I eat tonight because I'm not hungry because my blood is high and now I'm scared that this carb counting is not working even though yesterday my blood levels were quite good and I understood more from my hospital appointment on Tuesday.
I am keeping my fingers crossed that my carb and cals book will come in the post tomorrow so I'm prepared for the weekend because I keep googling the carbs in my foods and looking at packages where my food is coming from but nothing seems to be working :(

Anyways enough of my rant
Shell 🙂

Hi Shell, it does sound as thought the corrections you were adding in were only actually serving to match the carbs you were eating. If you put aside the fact that your levels were high all day, they didn't rise much further on eating. I wonder if, given that you started so high and persisted high, you have enough basal insulin? Or, of course it could be an illness that has yet to manifest itself. Hope things settle down and that tomorrow things are much better! 🙂

you should try and wait to spot a pattern over 3 days...............as sometimes we can have off days, writing everything down is useful too, then you can make educated decisions on doses..........................:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back