Manchester meet up

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoebeC

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi folks,

Anyone local up for another Manchester meet up?

The last one was great.

Thinking wetherspoons was good last time, ignore the press he did pay his staff, and it is warm and cheap.

Thanks,

Phoebe

Hi @PhoebeC long time no see. I think it was November 2019 we last met in Manchester.
I’ve asked @everydayupsanddowns to move this thread, to the General Message board and we’ll go from there. Let’s hope we can get a meet off the ground. Elaine

I’ve asked @everydayupsanddowns to move this thread, to the General Message board and we’ll go from there.

Done!

Lovely idea to have a meet @PhoebeC

Hope it goes well 🙂

Sorry folks I completely dropped the ball with this one.
Do we still have interest?

In Manchester just recently & city is full of Spoon pubs for cheap eats & drinks, make a day of it afterwards by visiting Media City at Salford Quays, highly recommend Lowry theatre there especially Lowry art exhibition.

In Manchester just recently & city is full of Spoon pubs for cheap eats & drinks, make a day of it afterwards by visiting Media City at Salford Quays, highly recommend Lowry theatre there especially Lowry art exhibition.
I’ve just booked us two nights in Manchester next month. Apart from a couple of forum meet-ups where I get off the train at Piccadilly and walk to Wetherspoons, I’ve not been for 40 years! Looking forward to it. I got a real bargain too.

I’ve just booked us two nights in Manchester next month. Apart from a couple of forum meet-ups where I get off the train at Piccadilly and walk to Wetherspoons, I’ve not been for 40 years! Looking forward to it. I got a real bargain too.

If you like your soaps & staying over weekend you could book a tour of Granada Studio at Media City, its where they film Corrie so you get to walk around film set on a guided tour, it's only open on weekend as that is only time they don't film it, wife is big Corrie fan so we're going to do tour later in year. Also, next door to Granada Studio is Imperial War Museum, its free to get in but donations are welcome, we visited last time & its well worth a visit.

When staying in Manchester we tend to stay around Oxford Rd Station area, enjoy your trip @eggyg

Places to eat Bundobust either Piccadilly or the brewery, it’s curry and they make their own beer. My favourite place

If you like your soaps & staying over weekend you could book a tour of Granada Studio at Media City, its where they film Corrie so you get to walk around film set on a guided tour, it's only open on weekend as that is only time they don't film it, wife is big Corrie fan so we're going to do tour later in year. Also, next door to Granada Studio is Imperial War Museum, its free to get in but donations are welcome, we visited last time & its well worth a visit.

When staying in Manchester we tend to stay around Oxford Rd Station area, enjoy your trip @eggyg
I am a Corrie fan but we’re going Tuesday/ Wednesday as it’s our wedding anniversary. :(We’re staying on First Street. It looks as if it’s very vibrant. We’ve got loads planned and will be walking miles I expect.

I am a Corrie fan but we’re going Tuesday/ Wednesday as it’s our wedding anniversary. :(We’re staying on First Street. It looks as if it’s very vibrant. We’ve got loads planned and will be walking miles I expect.

Ah well good excuse to go back for weekend break in Manchester.

Happy anniversary when it comes round.

The Indian Tiffan room on first street do great food! Warning though hot means it will knock your boots off

The Indian Tiffan room on first street do great food! Warning though hot means it will knock your boots off
I like hot! Might have a look at that for our anniversary meal. We both absolutely love Indian food. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back