Manchester Arena blast: 19 dead and more than 50 hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Nineteen people have been killed and more than 50 injured in a suspected terror attack at Manchester Arena.

The blast happened at 22:35 BST on Monday following a pop concert by the US singer Ariana Grande.

PM Theresa May said her thoughts were with those affected by "what is being treated by the police as an appalling terrorist attack".

Paramedics at the scene told the BBC they had treated some of the wounded for "shrapnel-like injuries".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-40007886

Words fail me :( Shocking news :(

Seen this unfold last night utterly awful thoughts and prayers to the families of loved ones who have passed

Terrible news. I can't help thinking of 1996 IRA bombing in Manchester shopping area. Mercifully that caused no fatalities, but injuries and damage, which was followed by regeneration.
So sad for families and friends of casualties.
Many acts of kindness showing how the worst of situations brings out the best in people - not just the obvious emergency and health services, but transport help from taxi drivers, beds and meals provided by hotels, individuals, restaurants etc.

Too close to home. RIP those people and thinking of those in mourning. An interesting Freudian slip by that lady on the BBC news, "those who've loved lost ones" ... makes me feel like crying.

Woken up to the news, just feeling sick and devastated, my heart goes out to all affected.

Another slaughter of the innocents in the name of fanaticism. Dreadful incident and sincere sympathy to all involved.

It's just senseless. My goddaughter was there and thank goodness was unharmed but sadly many families won't be so lucky this morning. There but for the grace of God. It's heartbreaking.

22 confirmed dead now. Such a sad scary time we live in.

Terribly sad and pointless loss of lives and injuries. Heartbreaking news.

Lost for words, Nothing else matters today and my heart goes out to those affected by this barbaric act.

They bomb us and they kill us at pop concerts.
The people of Manchester opened their doors and taxi drivers took people home for free.
They really will NOT beat us.

Isis is to Islam what KKK is to Christianity.

Tomorrow is another day.

Heartbreaking.

Devastated to hear this news this morning :(
Thinking of all the families involved, terrible. But nice to hear of the kindness of people in response to the tragedy.

I've been there several times, and so has my daughter. What is the point? Truly horrific. My heart goes out to the families who have lost loved ones:(

Horrendous, my thoughts are with those affected and their families. Lots of children and teenagers involved, sickening :(

Death toll is rising. Tales of heroism and kindness also coming in. I'd like to highlight the actions of people often ignored - transport workers, health workers who aren't nurses nor doctors, council workers etc.

No words

Another slaughter of the innocents in the name of fanaticism. Dreadful incident and sincere sympathy to all involved.
Nothing more cowardly than to target innocent children and for some to claim its in retaliation for bombing of Syrian children is no
justification two wrongs don't make a right

A few positive suggestions to all of us wondering what we can do:
Hope, not hate (as said by her husband, after murder of Jo Cox MP)
Learn first aid
Visit Manchester, when the city is ready to welcome tourists again

They just announced the youngest victim was just eight years old, I'm finding it really hard to get my head round this vile act.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back