Manage Weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna5

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Although ive been t2 for 23 yrs,my sugars are not so stable.I find it difficult as i live alone and remote.I wondered if there was anyone in a simlar situation for support.

Although ive been t2 for 23 yrs,my sugars are not so stable.I find it difficult as i live alone and remote.I wondered if there was anyone in a simlar situation for support.
Welcome. What do you mean by not so stable? What levels do you see?

What if any medication are you on? I am thinking possibly insulin if you are worried about living on your own.... If so, which insulin(s) do you use?
I live on my own in a rural location and insulin dependent. Understanding how the insulin and my body works is key to feeling more confident. We can help you understand a lot of that if you can give us more information about your situation and medication and typical BG readings?

Welcome. What do you mean by not so stable? What levels do you see?
Sorry i have not replied before now.My router and my landline has not been working.I have been on insulin for 23 yrs.I live alone and find life very stressful.Therefore i comfort eat.My sugars are normally in there teens.I also have 20 on accasion.

That’s sad @Anna5 Would you like to be less alone? Depending on where you live, there will be local groups where you can meet people and chat. As an example, near to me there’s a knitting and embroidery group. Most of the women there are there for company amongst people like them. They’re all mature ladies and the majority live alone.

Is there anything in particular causing your stress? I know life can be stressful in general, but I wondered if there were particular things getting to you?

I live to remote to join the local group.I did join 23 yrs ago,but i lived in a different part of the country.And that group closed down 10 yrs ago.
Yes there are alot of reasons why i have stress.Its not something i could discuss in the forum.

I live to remote to join the local group.I did join 23 yrs ago,but i lived in a different part of the country.And that group closed down 10 yrs ago.
Yes there are alot of reasons why i have stress.Its not something i could discuss in the forum.
You might find calling the DUK helpline useful to discuss your issues as it would be confidential and they may be able to advise you on a way forward. They will be open tomorrow, the number is at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back