Man who crashed into officer during diabetic episode faces felony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
A Lynnwood man who suffered a diabetic episode and crashed into a deputy last year is now charged with a felony.

Prosecutors allege that Jason Buckingham was mismanaging his diabetes and shouldn’t have been behind the wheel June 13, 2013. Witnesses say Buckingham lost control of his car, veered across several lanes of Evergreen Way and smashed head-on into a sheriff’s deputy on a motorcycle.

Deputy Bill Dawson was thrown from his bike and suffered serious injuries, including broken bones and organ damage.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20...-officer-during-diabetic-episode-faces-felony

What an irresponsible man :( Thank goodness the officer recovered.

Amazingly, there are some idiots in the comments who are claiming "he's diabetic, therefore he should be above the law". 🙄 (And never mind the fact that he's a danger to others as well as himself.) We wouldn't let a blind person drive just because we're "sympathetic" to their medical problem; why should we do so for a diabetic who has no hypo awareness and who refuses to test, even before driving? 😱:confused:

I've replied to what I consider the worst of those comments; let's hope my reply makes it through moderation.

Jason Buckingham is an irresponsible p#####k. Not for the first time, either.

All my sympathies are with the injured police officer Bill Dawson and his family. I'm very pleased to know that he returned to work, but 3 months in a wheelchair suggests that he will have ongoing problems with his legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back