Man says he has survived on nothing but pizza for 23 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
A DIABETIC claims his diet has consisted solely of pizza since he was 15 and he has no thought of stopping now.

Dan Janssen is is a self-confessed pizza addict and says the tasty dish "is like sex—even when it's bad, it's good."

The now 38-year-old woodworker gets regular low blood sugar from his diet because of his diabetes but says doctors believe he is fit and healthy as ever.

Talking to VICE.com, he confessed: "I've been eating pizza exclusively every day of my life for the past 25 years, and I'm not just talking about a slice of pizza every day.

"I usually eat an entire 14" pizza, and I only eat cheese pizza. I never get sick of it.

"If I go to one pizza shop or another brand, it's like eating a completely different meal."

Dan, who lives in Maryland, US, said he became a vegetarian when he was 15 - but dislikes vegetables.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...ut-pizza-for-23-years-and-is-not-stopping-now

Doesn't say whether T1 or T2 :confused: Pizzas are very high carb, so it would be interesting to know how he manages his blood sugars.

From my research a 14" cheese pizza is 2600 calories and 284 gram carb, unbelievable.

2600 calories per day for a woodworker might be OK to maintain weight.

If he's matching his medication to CHO intake, then, again that might be OK.

If he's had diabetes through all his 23 years of diabetes, and had diabetes when he was 15 years old, then probably type 1.

But there's far more to a good diet (and fun life) than eating just bread, cheese and a bit of tomato sauce made into a pizza!

No accounting for taste. 😱

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back