Man no longer a diabetic after kidney, pancreas transplant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Sitting in his dining room, Graham Adams looks at his insulin pen and other necessities required to treat diabetes.

After 36 years as a diabetic, the Roddickton resident underwent an extremely rare double transplant to receive a new kidney and pancreas earlier this year, ridding him of the horrible disease.

Adams is now on the mend and is diabetes-free, but it was a long and bumpy road getting to where he is today.

http://www.thetelegram.com/News/Loc...-diabetic-after-kidney,-pancreas-transplant/1

Hmm - I know two people who've had them. They have both been ill though no, not T1 any more - on and off, ever since.

It sounds great but it's a lot harder to deal with sometimes than the T1 if you ask me !

I suppose they have to take immuno-suppressants (is that how you spell it?!) every day. Very brave man - now he just needs a hair transplant (meeow)!:D

Sounds like it has given this chap a new lease of life, though I'm sure he still has to take immune suppressants etc. Hopefully Tintin will soon get her kidney/pancreas transplant and be free of type 1 🙂. Has anyone heard from her recently?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back