Make a New Year's resolution to manage your diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
José Rodriguez often skipped breakfast and lunch only to eat a large dinner at the end of the day. Despite his erratic eating habits, Mr. Rodriguez thought he was healthy until a routine blood test revealed he had type 2 diabetes.

"I was shocked. I didn't expect to be a diabetic," Mr. Rodriguez said. "I told my doctor that I would do whatever it takes to manage my disease."
Mr. Rodriguez was referred to the diabetes education program at Loyola University Medical Center. A certified diabetes educator worked with him to make diet and lifestyle changes. This included cutting out soda, monitoring the food he eats, altering his portions, exercising more and checking his blood sugar.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/12/141231113757.htm

If only ? 🙂 I wish him good luck T1 is a little bit different 😉

lol he was lucky that he could get to see a nutritionalist - 2.5 months from diagnosis and i suspect they are they only exist in the diabetic nurse's imagination

Hi Banjo, Duk are doing lots of events this year for T2. I did one of those "Pop up" events last year for T2 & they are very good. They are doing events all over the country. Have a look on web 🙂

Don't have an site address but try "diabetes uk" events & there is a list of places right throughout the year 🙂 You need to register for event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back