Magnifiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitty

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello everybody
I went to the opthalmologist today for a check up on my left eye and to be tested for magnifiers.My left eye is leaking blood from a previous laser treatment but fortunately the opthalmologist said he thinks there is enough room for fill in laser treatment to seal the part of the vein that is leaking.I was also tested for magnifiers and am pleaesd to say i do not need them.I finally got to find out that magnifiers are a vision aid and can come in the form of a torch with a magnifier attached or clip on magnifiers that sit on top of your glasses there was even what looked like a paper weight that i tried out and it was extremely strong.There was loads of different vision aids that are classed as magnifiers.But the outcome if my visit was that they are going to try to stop the leak with fill in laser and if this stops the leak there will be no need for an operation.They said they will send for me in 6 weeks.I feel quite relieved really.

that's great whitty, I really hope they manage to fix the leak for you after your next treatment 🙂 Goodluck x

thats good , i do hope it can be sorted , good luck with it all x

Whitty, good news - I hope that they can sort things out with the laser treatment🙂 Thank you for updating us, and for explaining magnifiers!

Brilliant news that something can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back