Magic sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pam123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I took my sensor off a few hours early is been a pain for almost all of the 14 days, put it in the bag to send back to Abbott, decided to put the new one on this evening, my phone just sent me a low BG alarm of 2.2 and its been off for a couple of hours, has this ever happened to anyone else ?

Yes, it might stabilise, or it might not - you may find yourself sending this one back to Abbott too. Is it the same batch as the other faulty one? I had two faulty sensors from the same batch...

Yes, it might stabilise, or it might not - you may find yourself sending this one back to Abbott too. Is it the same batch as the other faulty one? I had two faulty sensors from the same batch...
Sorry for the confusion ive not put the new one on yet waiting until this evening, thats why i am so confused

Sorry for the confusion ive not put the new one on yet waiting until this evening, thats why i am so confused
I don't remember seeing that, but I use a 3rd party app (Juggluco) and usually terminate the connection to the sensor when I remove it.

I don't remember seeing that, but I use a 3rd party app (Juggluco) and usually terminate the connection to the sensor when I remove it.
my daughter suggested t might be trying to connect until the actual time it is due to run out a 7pm this evening but still doesn't explain why it gave a reading.

I have seen this - the sensor does not stop collecting data just because it is no longer in your arm.
I have accidentally dislodged a sensor before without noticing until I investigated the low readings it was giving. Unsurprisingly, fresh air (or fluff from my jumper) is low in glucose.

I took my sensor off a few hours early is been a pain for almost all of the 14 days, put it in the bag to send back to Abbott, decided to put the new one on this evening, my phone just sent me a low BG alarm of 2.2 and its been off for a couple of hours, has this ever happened to anyone else ?
The sensor has no idea is isn’t in your arm, it will read low until you put the new one on and scan it. Either put a new one on or move the old one out of range of your phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back