maculopathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammy1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
hi i went for my rtinal eye sceening test end of may and got result back saying my eyes shoed signs of diabetic maculopathy in r eye after this i got blood test and my hbca1 had gone from 50 a year ago to 62 im waiting to get doctor apointment to discus im now going to be on 3 month checks has any body else been through siminler situation i seem to have been forgotten about by my surgery i got blood results a month ago but nobody been through them with me need help

I think the most common cause of diabetic maculopathy is diabetic macular oedema, where you get leakages leading to fluid buildup on the macular, distoarting vision.

Most commonly (I think) the care approach is just monitoring, but if things progress and need to be dealt with then usually the most effective treatment involves eye injections.

This probably doesn't sound great, but actually they are really not a very big deal - less than dilating eyedrops in some ways - and usually they work really well.

Anyway, that's my experience. More details: https://forum.diabetes.org.uk/boards/threads/eyeball-injections-what-a-lark.100937/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back