Macular degeneration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berksps

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I am interested to know if anyone has had issues with the above. My issues were picked up by the opticians although i realised before my sight was changing. I have had a course of eyelea injections in my right eye which has stabilised and improved vision. I am now told my left eye is borderline and the reason is my high HB1ac. If i was to control that better then my problems should improve as a whole.

Feeling worried and badly informed at moment my GP surgery is dreadful i am supposed to be referred to a Diabetic clinic but getting runaround. If anyone has experience of this kind of thing be good to hear from you.

Hi @Berksps , I'm sorry to hear you're going through this. Macular degeneration runs in my family but not many of my kin have been brave enough to go through with the eyelea injections so well done for doing that!

Have you tried calling the Diabetes UK Helpline? They're not medical professionals, but they may be able to give you some tips to help manage your blood sugar levels. You can reach them on 0345 123 2399.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back