Lyumjev or novorapid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pending

Always been used to fiasp but with pump change got forced to lyumjev or novorapid.

Can I ask people's preferences that have tried both etc? Would have been nice to stick to fiasp...

The main difference is the speed of action. Lyumjev is a faster insulin like Fiasp. NR is more sluggish
How long you need to prebolus before meals may be the thing you need to look at. Quite surprised Lyumjev is certified/authorised for use in your pump but not Fiasp, since Lyumjev is I believe much newer to the market.

We all react slightly differently and what matters is how your body reacts not how some random person on the internet finds it.
So my advice would be to request a trial of Lyumjev for a month and see how it suits you. Then decide.

Always been used to fiasp but with pump change got forced to lyumjev or novorapid.

Can I ask people's preferences that have tried both etc? Would have been nice to stick to fiasp...

What pump are you getting? I can use any insulin in my pump, I believe.

Oh, I see here that you had a reaction to Lyumjev :(

Personally, I’d push to use what insulin I wanted. Very few are incompatible, depending on the pump. You could also ask for Humalog. It’s generally faster than NR. I’ve used it with no issues. I think Apidra is ok for pumps too but I’ve never used it.

Oh, I see here that you had a reaction to Lyumjev :(

Personally, I’d push to use what insulin I wanted. Very few are incompatible, depending on the pump. You could also ask for Humalog. It’s generally faster than NR. I’ve used it with no issues. I think Apidra is ok for pumps too but I’ve never used it.
Yep well they arnt sure if it was the insulin or not as that reaction suddenly stopped. They want me to try lyumjev again or just stick to novorapid

Il give them a look, are they faster than lyumjev?

Apidra will probably be a bit faster than Humalog, but I find Humalog works well in pumps, so I’d choose based on your preference. I notice T Slim recommends Humalog (and NR).

I have a T:Slim pump. I'm in Germany, so my experience might differ from yours.

Prior to moving to a pump, I was using Humalog and Lyumjev on MDI. I'd tried NovoRapid on MDI and didn't notice much of a difference between that and Humalog.

When I switched to a pump I was told that Humalog was approved for 2 days in a T:Slim reservoir. NovoRapid was approved for 3 days in a T:Slim reservoir. Lyumjev is not approved in T:Slim reservoirs here in Germany. Those might be different in the UK.

Since I'd found Humalog and NovoRapid were interchangeable for me, I switched to NovoRapid. I still inject Lyumjev manually for manual boluses (in addition to my pump's basal and bolus) when I want extra speedy delivery. Having two different bolus insulins is possible for me in Germany (with a very generous endo who lets me try what I request within reason), but might not be an option for everyone.

Keep in mind if you use one of the faster insulins (like Lyumjev or Fiasp) in a T:Slim pump with Control IQ on, your insulin on board number will be off which will affect the corrections and calculations Control IQ makes. The insulin duration on the pump is fixed at 5 hours with Control IQ on. I believe 5 hours is what they estimate the insulin duration is for Humalog and NovoRapid.

It would be worse in a pump @Pending I’d think. I can’t tolerate one insulin. When I tried it in my pump, it caused worse effects than by pen (the consultant thought because there were loads of micro injections of it each day).

There’s no perfect insulin, so I’d go for one that won’t make you feel unwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back