lush and sugar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bex123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
hi all , just wondered.... i use lush products quite a lot ..but.. its occured to me that some i have never used are made with sugar...like sugar scrubs etc... would that affect b.s levels...can you absorb sugar through the skin? etc

i have never used these ones but some of them smell really lovley and i would like to try them... its just the sugar thing that worries me

thanks
bex x

Well, we were told to stop using fruit scented handwash and showergel, as they might contain sugar. So when you wash your hands with it and then do a blood test....it might give you a higher reading.

Are there any trial or sample sizes? If so give them a try and see what happens. Then if they push the numbers up you haven't spent a small forune on the full sized product.

it wasnt so much would it affect b.s results from a sticky finger point of view...more that i wondered can we absorb sugar through our skin... i think im going to have a google see what i can find out...its an interesting one😉

Are there any trial or sample sizes? If so give them a try and see what happens. Then if they push the numbers up you haven't spent a small forune on the full sized product.
They usually have samples in the shop of everything so you could just try in the shop - or the staff in our local ones are very good and would probably let you have a little if you explain

Well, we were told to stop using fruit scented handwash and showergel, as they might contain sugar. So when you wash your hands with it and then do a blood test....it might give you a higher reading.
😱 - K always has a high reading after a bath?????

bex i live and breathe lush products in my bathroom lol, ive been fine and been using them 4 year x

cant imagine thewy be alot of suagr but you can always go in store or emaio online there great at getting back to you x

😱 - K always has a high reading after a bath?????

:D Time to change the bubble bath. If it makes no difference, you can always go back to it. Carol does actually use Apple shampoo and conditioner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back