Lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lolavegas

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Ok I'm curious....I'm fine with breakfast and dinner but lunch? I can never think of anything I'd like and consequently never have enough and then about 4pm crave lard!!! What do you have for lunch???

Just looking for ideas...have to eat SOMETHING but can never think of anything filling, nutrious and NICE

What about a nice fresh salad, you can add almost anything to that, lean ham, can of tuna, I have even chopped up a mango and added to it. Also theres toast with mushrooms , poached or scrambled eggs.

John.

My lunches vary between ...

1) Mackerel or Sardines in tomato sauce on toast (grilled).
2) Soup (various) and two pieces of bread.
3) Soup (various), Beef or Venison burger (small and home cooked!)
4) Beans on toast

I usually have a portion of fruit too.

Andy

For lunch maybe go down the route of beans on toast or sardines, i often have a nice crab or ham salad and if im feeling really posh ill have some salmon lol.Lunch is usually the one that leaves me with the hardest descision on what to have lol

And snacks? What about snacks when you're hungry and most likely to be tempted by the forbidden? Can anyone recommend any low carb snacks?

And snacks? What about snacks when you're hungry and most likely to be tempted by the forbidden? Can anyone recommend any low carb snacks?

what about a vegge omlette

or peanut butter on toast

have u ever tryed cooking with pumpking?

Last edited:
Omlette sounds good and I do snack on peanut butter on an oakcake. Never tried pumpkin though. What I would like is something more or less instant as I'm often short of time.

ok maybe some crunchy vedge( celery,carrotts,) dipped in hummus
or some cottage cheese on riveta

One of my favourite snacks is a few pieces of melba toast, with some cold meat & a tomato. 🙂

Brian

we just had a lovely roast dinner and graham had a lots of beef in his yorkshire pudding

Steffi, Hummus/veg. dip sounds great - why didn't I think of that - and perfect for me as a vegetarian.

I work full-time and only have half an hour for lunch so i have been having cup soups (Ainsley Harriots ones I like at the moment) and have that with a cheese scone sometimes or a couple of crispbreads and i find them OK as a quick and tasty lunch and it keeps my BS readings low

Steffi, Hummus/veg. dip sounds great - why didn't I think of that - and perfect for me as a vegetarian.

right well we all know what you will be having tomorrow hun hehe x

I tend to go for:

Something on toast - beans, spaghetti, cheese
Sandwiches - cheese + tomato or pickle, ham etc. on multigrain bread
Soup and a slice of bread

Usually accompanied by

a biscuit, sometimes chocolate
Muller rice
Yoghurt

🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.