Lunch ideas

Hightonel

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all.
Looking for some lunch time food ideas.
Currently obsessed with cottage cheese.
Are there any good soup flavours that are diabetes friendly?
Thank you.xx

Hi all.
Thank you.xx
Unless you particularly like cottage cheese then there is no real need to have a low fat option unless you need low fat for other health conditions.
I make soups at home, so easy with a few veg and a stick blender. Broccoli and stilton, butternut squash and red pepper, leek, pea and celery, courgette and brie or stilton, tomato and basil, are all pretty low carb.
Bought soups are often quite high in carb by comparison.

Second the home made soup idea. Make a batch of bungo veg soup and then ring the changes by putting half a tea spoonful of tamarind or some kimchi or half a spoon of curry paste or some chopped herbs or whatever takes your fancy into a portion before you microwave it for lunch.

PS...bungo soup is when you bung in all the odd veg in the veg basket when making it together with something you have got from the supermarket to form the base. Parsnips are around at the moment and make a good start. The stick blender is invaluable.

Second the home made soup idea. Make a batch of bungo veg soup and then ring the changes by putting half a tea spoonful of tamarind or some kimchi or half a spoon of curry paste or some chopped herbs or whatever takes your fancy into a portion before you microwave it for lunch.

PS...bungo soup is when you bung in all the odd veg in the veg basket when making it together with something you have got from the supermarket to form the base. Parsnips are around at the moment and make a good start. The stick blender is invaluable.
Like the name, I tend to stick to either red veg or green veg otherwise I seem to end up with an unappetising grey soup.
I also freeze portions for later.

Hi all.
Thank you.xx
I love cottage cheese topped with prawns and a drizzle of home made sauce of mayonnaise mixed with low salt and sugar tomato ketchup, on a bed of lettuce.
Soups: I make yellow vegetable soup with white onion, celery, yellow peppers, sweetcorn, home made stock, sage and thickened with butterbeans, the blitzed. I make chickestrone which is basically minestrone with chopped chicken instead of pasta. Another favourite is curried red vegetable soup with red onion, squash, red peppers or carrots, sweet potato, stock, light coconut milk (optional) and curry powder to taste.

Prawn and cottage cheese cocktail.jpgMinestrone soup.JPGYellow vegetable soup.jpgCurried squash and red pepper soup.JPGCarrot, squash and sweet potato soup.JPG

Thank you for your input. There is some very nice sounding soups there.
What are your takes on these high protein yoghurts, are they good for us living with diabetes?
Xx

Thank you for your input. There is some very nice sounding soups there.
What are your takes on these high protein yoghurts, are they good for us living with diabetes?
Xx
I have them occasionally but usually only have half at a time as they are quite big and will add some berries or seeds.
I also have the Kvarg deserts again only half with berries.

Back