Lumps on my tummy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Im getting a few lumps on my tummy due to injecting,,do other people that get these do anything about it or do they just dissapear??Should i change injection sites for a little bit? .

Cheers.

I haven't had anything that lasts longer than a day, but I do 'rotate' my injection sites - use a different site for a time in order to let the previous site recover. 🙂

If you inject too much in one site, you can develop hard, fatty lumps that affect the secretion rate of the insulin. I have one at the top of my arm and also on my tum. I'm avoiding them for a few months at least.

Rob

Gotta agree, rotate injection sites. Hopefully not too much info, but I do left buttock morning, left side of stomach lunch, right side at evening meal and right buttoch before bed. Still a pain (literally) but the routine helps.

Thanks lads ill start on the thigh tomorrow.

sounds painful steffie ...whys your piccie gone black ?

Do you rotate your sites Steffie? You should really change for every injection as the build up of fatty deposits (think its called lipodema or something like that?), makes absorbtion of the drug difficult which will in turn affect your bg levels.

Hi Steffie,

I get this... when on injections i had a bad habit of sticking more or less to a similar area as the fatty area would build up & it would feel (mentally at least!) more comfy - not a good idea though due to the absorption problems! It can take quite a long time for the fat to dissipate but if you've only been injecting for a short while don't stress, a month or two & I bet the lumps will be gone. 🙂
The older insulins were a nightmare for lipo-thingy... 😱

Thanks everyone , thank you for the link margie very useful
am piccy gone black cause im in a dark mood..I do move around on my tummy and i did try my thigh once trace but it bruised really badly.

I hate injecting in my thighs! In was where my parents always used to do it, ouch!! Bruises! 😱

Are they 'general' lumps, ie in a general area (I tend to drift over an area about the size of the palm of my hand if I'm not being really good! 😉 It gradually gets raised until I twig that I've lapsed again! 😱) or do you think they are associated with individual injections?

ps - really liked your signature about the quality of people! 🙂

I hate injecting in my thighs! In was where my parents always used to do it, ouch!! Bruises! 😱

Are they 'general' lumps, ie in a general area (I tend to drift over an area about the size of the palm of my hand if I'm not being really good! 😉 It gradually gets raised until I twig that I've lapsed again! 😱) or do you think they are associated with individual injections?

ps - really liked your signature about the quality of people! 🙂

I think there more asscociated with individual injections, ive been putting body lotion on them is that wrong?

Um, don't know if I'm honest?! :confused: My pump nurse has advised me to put tea tree cream on the spots you get on previous cannula sights (like marks where you inject but bigger)... not entirely convinced yet though!

I did have a problem years ago when I became allergic to one of the preservatives in an insulin which I'd been using for years with no problems, I didn't get lumps but I did feel like I'd had a wasp sting each time and would get a red itchy patch the size of a 2p piece approx. Might be worth a visit to the docs?... best of luck!

Twitchy xx

Um, don't know if I'm honest?! :confused: My pump nurse has advised me to put tea tree cream on the spots you get on previous cannula sights (like marks where you inject but bigger)... not entirely convinced yet though!

I did have a problem years ago when I became allergic to one of the preservatives in an insulin which I'd been using for years with no problems, I didn't get lumps but I did feel like I'd had a wasp sting each time and would get a red itchy patch the size of a 2p piece approx. Might be worth a visit to the docs?... best of luck!

Twitchy xx

thanks hun.. maybe cocoa butter would work i have some of that ..

Grr I just dont know if it is connected but my abdomen is really hurting when i lie on my bed and try and get up again it really is sore..

Steffi - isn't abdominal pain a possible side-effect of Byetta, one that may develop at any time. Have a look at your Patient Info leaflet. If you are still in severe pain in the morning (or if it gets worse) get yourself checked out.

Steffi - isn't abdominal pain a possible side-effect of Byetta, one that may develop at any time. Have a look at your Patient Info leaflet. If you are still in severe pain in the morning (or if it gets worse) get yourself checked out.

Thanks Margie your a gem it did not even cross my mind and when i looked it mentioned it

Cheers hun xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back